This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate all of you (long)

I am slowly but surely losing love for this company. I manage the supply closet. And the employees get all of their supplies for free, they even get free tissue. But with their attitudes you would think they were owed everything they get. This is the only company I have ever worked for who treats their employees that well,
    ley alone just gave things away to their employees, and yet these people have no grip on reality and don't realise how good they have it here. They steal from other employees if I don't have what they need, and they always take waaay more than what they need. They steal supplies for their kid's for school, some even steal supplies for their own side businesses.

Me: your friendly hormonal 6 week, 5 days (as of this post) preggo switchboard opperator/supply monkey
    HL: headphone lady
    NB: nice boss (or so I thought)
    BCW: blonde CW
    AL: agency lady
    IB: Invisible boss, a woman I have never met who is apparently over my whole dept. She's a bitch
    CC: Crazy caller
    RS: red shirt, an employee for "big company"
    BL: box lady, employee who is mailing stuff

Headphone Lady and the Email of Doom

I am working away when the HL, comes to my desk, obviously in a bad mood, I get major attitude from the moment she walks up to me.

HL: I need 40 headphones for a class
    Me: explains how she has to order them, and the only ones I have in my posession are broken
    HL: that takes too long, I want them now
    Me: lather, rinse repeat
    HL: (getting irate and talking over me) BLARG BLARG I WANT HEADPHONES
    Me: Ma'am I am not arguing with you, I have told you twice how to get headphones. This is company policy.
    Hl smug look) are you having a bad day (phrase that preceeds something awful, cause you know if you arent, they are about to make you have one)
    Me: No
    HL (sneer) Thank you, I will go do what I have to do (I should have known right then what she was "going to do")

Later that day....

NB amd BCW, who is supposed to releive me for my lunch break, make me wait almost half an hour late for my break, then come up and stand on either side of my chair, almost like I am being surrounded.

NB: Accountingslave, did you get a headphone request from HL today?
    Me: yes, why
    NB: shows me an email this female decided to be cute and send to every single member of management in the building because she could not find out who my boss was...that's about 200 to 300 people. It's full of lies that makes her look like an innocent victim and me like an evil bitch....OVER FREAKING HEADPHONES.

NB and BCW proceed to rip me a new butthole about how bad I am as an employee and how these freeloaders are "our customers" (um...no. They are not customers until they give me money for the supplies they take. If you get something for free then whine like a little bitch, then you are just a little bitch). Ydda yadda, they are always right and I must kiss their asses even if they treat me like a pile of dog poo they just stepped in, if we do not have something I must produce it from thin air. Then, to add insult to injury, they make me write down everything they just said word for word, and pin it to my corkboard to show that I was "trained inthe proper procedure".

The next day I go to work, and IB has forwarded the incident to my agency that I am under contract with (I am a contractor for "big company"). And THEY rip me a third butthole. I won't have any problems pooping or pushing this baby out now! After this, I am at the point where I am so stressed out that I am cramping (not good for pregnant women in their 1st trimester). I feel betrayed and shat upon. I almost quit right then. But I am not going to give them the satisfaction. If they want to fire me, they will just have to fire me. Then I will go be a WAHM (I am working towards getting my insurance liscense and being an independent agent. I am also a freelance writer).

Mail Envelopes are not in Infinite sizes (Or, I am not a mind reader, lady!)

Yesterday, RS walks up to my little area to get her free supplies and gets mad at me because we don't have binders. Binders are something we only recycle. We never buy them. If we have them, the employees are welcome to them, but if not they are encouraged to go buy their own (as it is with all the other supplies....that goes over real well with them...not!). While she is sulking BL comes up and just stares at me. She doesn't say a word, just stares at me.I am not sure if she is just looking around (cause some people do that) or if she wants something. Most people who want something are not shy about asking for it. At that moment I get a call. I have to answer it, as being on the switchboard is my most important task and I get clocked for my call times. RS looks at me, give a big sigh and tells the lady "I don't work here but I guess I will help you since she is too busy."

I get off the phone and BL finally says "I need a mailing envelope for this package". She shows me a package that I know will be dang near impossible to fit into an envelope. I tell her this, suggest a box and she and RS procees to berate me about not having an envelope. I go into the back (where I hear them making more snide comments) and come out with the biggest Tyvek envelope we have and she says that's not good enough. RS says "Let's just leave, I will help you find something since she is useless." and they go, making nasty comments as they walk away. I am surprised NB and BCW have not ganged up on me about that yet, but I am waiting for the blow to come.

Crazy Caller Woman won't stop calling

Yesterday I also got multiple calls from this one woman. The person she is trying to reach is obviously not available or possibly avoiding the call (don't blame her).

CC: (calling for the umpteenth time) I need *extension* and I don't care if you get mad
    ME: excuse me?( transfers call)
    CC: (calls back) Go ahead and say what you gotta say to me bitch
    Me: Ma'am, all I said was "excuse me", now who were you trying to reach
    CC: I want *extension* and you can get an attitude all you want cracker, I'm gonna keep calling until they answer!!
    Me: *click* ( I am authorized to hang up on abusive callers, and she was yelling at me from the first call)

She called again later in the day but was much more polite and professional.

I don't know where they pick up some of our employees. Our town has really bad areas called "wards" and sometimes I think they go down there and just point at people on the bus stop and say "Can you read? Good, you're hired!"

If they don't fire me first, I am giving my notice in december so I can be home with the baby when it is born, plus I don't feel like hauling my big preggo butt in and out of the office all day every day.

I just think it is interesting that they had no issue with me until it became common knowledge around the office that I am pregnant. Before that I got glowing reviews from everyone.
    Last edited by AccountingSlave; 09-09-2011, 02:06 PM.

Why not go to HER boss and explain that you already told her that the ones you had in her possession were broken? In fact, why not bring her and her boss, reply it and say, "ok ,well since you were already told the ones we had were broken, and that new ones would have to be ordered, yet you didn't want to wait for the order; explain to me how you're going to get your headphones..." Have her search around for new headphones, basically put HER on the spot and make her solve her own problem.

Comment

Wow, considering the hormonal shifts of pregnancy, you are being very nice to these ignorant *****. I don't blame you for wanting to quit.

Comment

Yegods.

Is there nobody in HR you can go to about this situation?

How the hell are you supposed to be able to supply things you don't have. Get someone to explain that to you. In writing, if possible.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Headphones like for an IPod or Walkman headphones? Why on earth would there be 40 headphones, unless that is like a pool thing.

Comment

Old school, black plastic with crappy foam pads, they are for training so people can listen on customer service calls for training. We don't keep them in my area because we tried that before, and people will walk away with the whole box and never return them.

Comment

I know an electric company that treats their employees well that is hiring for call center jobs. At least, I'm assuming you're in my town if you're talking about 3rd ward stupidity.

Comment

It's unbelievable that your boss would not bother to get your side of the story before deciding to land on you with both feet. Unfortunately I've heard tales of bosses like that before, who will not stand up to aggressively hostile coworkers, but fold like a poorly built card house. As at least one person here has already said, is there nobody at HR you can go to? If you were getting glowing reviews until your pregnancy became common knowledge, there's something seriously rotten in Denmark (or wherever you are )
                In any case, good for you for deciding you will leave in December. It may help you get through the next couple of months to know that you will be gone soon anyway.

Comment

Go to the HR department at BOTH companies. I know my boss would never do that to me.

Comment

Going to H. R. is the first advice I can give you. If that doesn't work, go up the chain to Governmental aid.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Here's the really big kicker......

They have been calling me the name of the pregnant girl they fired in the past. According to them she got pregnant and quit doing her job, and always complained of being tired. But they make kind of inappropriate jokes about her. When I correct them, they act like they didn't mean to call me by her name.

Comment

Quoth AccountingSlave View Post
                        I just think it is interesting that they had no issue with me until it became common knowledge around the office that I am pregnant. Before that I got glowing reviews from everyone.
                        Quoth AccountingSlave View Post
                        Here's the really big kicker......

They have been calling me the name of the pregnant girl they fired in the past. According to them she got pregnant and quit doing her job, and always complained of being tired. But they make kind of inappropriate jokes about her. When I correct them, they act like they didn't mean to call me by her name.
                        I'm finding this very interesting, too. Sounds like they have a pattern of having problems with pregnant women working there, which, and I could be mistaken here, is somewhat on the illegal side of things....
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I would throw down the discrimination card on this one.. They obviously have a problem with pregnant women.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                          X