X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Dear :(

Hours got cut at work

I will be spending some of today, parts of tomorrow, and most of the weekend appyling online for a second part time job.

I dare say I may have to temporarily go back to retail just to pay the bills.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

After all the times they had you on mandatory overtime? Your company makes little sense.

Good luck in finding the hours you need.

Rapscallion

Comment

Aye, good luck!

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      After all the times they had you on mandatory overtime?
      Precisely. They spent too much on OT (unless it was Salaried, doesn't sound like it), so now they need to hire twice as many people (with the new ones at a lower rate of pay) and give them each half the hours.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My company pulls this all the time. Call us in for extra days, bitch at us if we DARE turn down the overtime, then...surprise surprise, as a result of having an extra driver for a few days, we do everything on the yard for us to do, then we get called off on the days we're actually supposed to be working.

Comment

Problem is, in the industry I work in, it's either feast or famine. Of course, either side of the spectrum can last for long periods of time, or, sometimes, it's like a roller coaster.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sorry to hear that, blas. Good luck avoiding the retail nightmare!

My call center can be the same way, though my particular group seems to be pretty steady. And fortunately if they call us for voluntary OT they don't get mad if we refuse. Of course, there are times when we either have mandatory OT or they ask us to take undertime because we're slow, and then they can get pretty testy if they ask us specifically to take an unpaid break or leave early and we say no. That's rare, though...there are usually people who are willing to step up to the plate. This past week I worked some overtime and took some undertime on different days. (OT is usually called Extra Time since if we end up working less than 40 hours it isn't really overtime at all...)
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
            X