Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 10-22-2019, 05:35 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Today's Retail comic seems appropriate...

Old 10-22-2019, 05:38 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
Because it's inevitable that some asshat in a pile of junk that just barely runs will forgo all 130-thousand empty spaces, and park two inches from you, kicking their door open hard and denting your car.

Still annoyed at that one... Shoulda submitted it to insurance.

Okay, I know it wasn't actually funny, not then and not now, but ... all I can say is I'm sorry about the assholes out there. Some people just shouldn't HAVE vehicles.

As I've mentioned I drive a box on wheels but I still like to park AWAY from other vehicles, even if it's only one space away. I've had the wind catch my driver's door and whip it out of my hand and if it's going to do that again I'd prefer it didn't slam the damn door into somebody else's vehicle.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:53 AM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth evilhomer View Post
I cannot comprehend how this concept cannot be comprehended. Someone who understands doesn't need an explanation. Someone who doesn't understand cannot have it explained, but I'll try. Yes, it is just a material possession but it is MY material possession. A dent on it caused by some ignorant and careless moron is super annoying. And you have a constant and permanent reminder of the carelessness and ignorance of this moron. Take something you care about, put a big scratch in it, whack it with a hammer, spray paint a big X across it. Hey, it's still usable, but it's no longer right, it's no longer perfect. Do you get annoyed when some idiot texting bumps into you? No real harm done, but it's something that happened due to the careless ignorant actions of a moron.
I do comprehend this part and yes, what you're describing is a normal human reaction that's understandable. I've gotten frustrated at people for being careless with my belongings and then not apologizing. I felt that way because at times to have anything at all I had to sacrifice.

My comment was in regard to people who put too much trust in material objects in the first place, to an over-arching degree. That's different than what you've described. There's 1. OK, I'm upset that this thing I've worked for is damaged (and yes, after a little while I'm over it because that's just how I personally am) and 2. I'm going to spend tons of money I don't have on a really nice vehicle to prove that I'm worth something. Neither of us falls into the second category.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
Because it's inevitable that some asshat in a pile of junk that just barely runs will forgo all 130-thousand empty spaces, and park two inches from you, kicking their door open hard and denting your car.
It's akin to being the only person in a theater, and right before the movie starts, someone enters and sits down two seats away from you.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Other side of the m0dem

Or when you're in a bathroom with five stalls and someone goes in the one right next to you!

On another note years ago a guy flipped out over a drop or two of water being put on his car....WATER!!! in a state that rains all the time. Seriously?

Old 10-22-2019, 11:54 PM
Retired

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
Oddly enough, I used to drive a little Chevy Metro, and had NO problems with ...body part image issues. (although it did hurt when that idiot mangled the hood by no-look backing into it)
I have one of these, a 1995 model that I bought in 1997. I've been offered cash for it, but I won't take it because (a) it'd cost way more than I've been offered to replace it, and (b) it only has 128K on it and still runs great, so I'm keeping it until it falls apart. I don't care if it's old and ugly, it's cheap to drive and cheap to insure, so I'm happy with it. Besides, Turtleguy and I are still driving the same cars we had when we got married in 1998; I'm waiting for the day we buy a car together.