This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry to all of you

I feel bad for all of you. I can feel your pain, but fortunatly I got away from the phones. I did dial up support for a ISP around the time that the world switched from windows 3.11 to Windows 95, up through the release of Windows 98.

I know some if you can relate, but you haven't experienced real pain until you've tried to walk a kick from georgia establishing a zmodem connection to our dial up location, so he can download our ppp software and a copy of netscape navigator to get on the, as he called it, "intarweb".

And I'd really also like to know why it seems to be the ISP tech supports problem that some guy doesn't have a/c in his trailer so the cmos battery explodes inside his box on a day that it is 105 degrees outside and even hotter inside the trailer. Well he was right, he couldn't get his computer to dialup.

Anyways I am trying to drudge up some of those memories that my brain locked away to keep me sane. I have some really good stories from doing phone support in the late 90's. Maybe I need to go to hypnotherapy and deal with my past issues, or maybe not .. dealing with vendors and misbehaving linux systems is terror enough for me.
Working...
X