This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zombies

Has anyone had this happen.You stocking so maybe you can leave on time and you have a jackass come in and go up your counter and just stare.And you get up move all the crap your stocking to the side (so some CS doesn't trip and sue).So you get up to the counter and then they just look at you and blink,then just walk away. I swear customers can't stand it if they don't have you full attention.God forbid you do other work so you can leave on time. Also if I'm on the phone with a company ordering crap the customer will suddenly not be able to find something,need directions,or have a million questions.
    Can they not wait the 5 mins til I'm done.And you know that they would be the first ones to bitch because I forgot to order their precious candy bar(they can't live without)because they kept interruppting me.
    And why we are on the subject:Why do they come up to the counter and let you ring up their shit and then walk away to find other shit,with a line of people behind them. And I have people come up to me like they want to ask a question with that zombie look and then just walk away.

WHY WHY WHY

I had customers at the gas station who would pull stunts like this all the time:

Walk in, grab a soda and bag of chips. Set on counter, look all ready to pay, I start scanning, but at the last second, they go run back to the beer cooler and get beer. Set beer on counter. Then go back and get gum or something else. Then want cigarettes.

Or EW customers who thought how dare I not remember what they always get....they'd walk in....stare at me blankly, then throw up their arms or something else extremely daytime TV or dramatic, and growl "CAMEL BOX!" or "Powerball!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I had customers at the gas station who would pull stunts like this all the time:

Walk in, grab a soda and bag of chips. Set on counter, look all ready to pay, I start scanning, but at the last second, they go run back to the beer cooler and get beer. Set beer on counter. Then go back and get gum or something else. Then want cigarettes.

Or EW customers who thought how dare I not remember what they always get....they'd walk in....stare at me blankly, then throw up their arms or something else extremely daytime TV or dramatic, and growl "CAMEL BOX!" or "Powerball!"
      That last one's fun, just treat it like a word association game and try and guess what the proper answer is!

"CAMEL BOX!"
      "HORNSWAGGLE!"
      "WHAT!?"
      "TUESDAY!"

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

With me it depends on the situation and the attitude of the clerk.

If I need just to be pointed in the direction of something, or have a quick question and see an employee working on a task I will walk up and ask if they have a quick moment to help me. I don't expect them to move whatever it is they are working on and give me full attention.

If I walk up and the person is at a registar ready to check people out . . .but on a personal phone call I will wait for their full attention.

If I need full attention I try to see if I can find a clerk who is able to give me that . .. not in mid project. If not then I politely ask for their help or if they can find someone who can help.

Comment

Patrons at the library do that. Either they decide they want to need to borrow a DVD at the last minute, or they HAVE to go to the rest room RIGHT NOW!

If they start to walk away OR if they say, I'll be right back, I need to use the rest room, I just lay it out straight:

"If you leave, I will set your items aside until you come back, because I will have to help the next person in line." Sometimes, there isn't anyone in line, but Murphy's Law, as soon as they walk away, there will be.

Funny how most of the time, they don't need a DVD or don't have to use the rest room after that.
          I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Working...
          X