This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DevilBoy View Post
    This reminds me of something I witnessed at a very famous and popular 'seconds' store in my area.
    Ooooh. I love that store. But yeah. I wouldn't buy a gift there and whine about the box not being pretty. Pretty isn't the point of that place.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

"Seconds" stores are awesome. You never know what you're going to find

In fact, one of my shop vehicles came from one of those stores. I'd just killed one of my wagons in '05--one of the struts went through the floor (damn rust!), meaning the thing was scrap. Grandma and I happened to wander through there, and I found a replacement. Problem was, only the display model was left, and I wanted one in a box. I wasn't trying to get a discount--I thought that a boxed wagon would fit into my trunk better. But, they didn't have any left...and gave me a hefty discount on the display. Needless to say, it came home with me

I do know that many model-builders are a bit um, "anal" about the condition of kit boxes...mainly because the parts inside usually get damaged if the box gets crushed. Often though, everything will be fine. Still, most people won't buy them...meaning I'm free to take them off the shop's hands at a discount
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth DevilBoy View Post
        This reminds me of something I witnessed at a very famous and popular 'seconds' store in my area.

The store buys up items that have been reconditioned or refurbished, overstock or discontinued items from major suppliers, or items that may have encountered very slight damage in shipping refused by larger, big-name chain stores... and then sells these things at a huge discount. ("Good Stuff Cheap" is their mantra).
        The store's inventory changes almost daily and when a certain lot of items is gone... then it's gone.
        Ah yes. There's one of those stores in my town, and I absolutely LOVE it. I belong to their "club" and they have a special Christmas shopping night for club members, and I bought SO MUCH stuff there last year that went over huge. Thank heaven no one I bought for cared if their box was dinged or their coffee table book had that marker line on it. ($45 coffee table book for $4.99 = fantastic gift for friend who loved it).

But yes, I've seen jerks walk around and complain about the stuff that's out for sale. Um, their flyers clearly state what type of place it is. They have signs up all over explaining about the damaged packages, etc. DUH!
        Oh yeah? Well I have a few words for you! Like YOU, and ARE, and A MORON!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X