X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
    Hey our location is hard to find, too!
    ditto, at least with us though we are kinda hard to find... you can see us from the interstate (if you come down 215) but you have to exit on 80 to get to us and go around the block (really long around the block), so that is somewhat reasonable... that said the instructions on our website is very accurate, mapquest is accurate, and we are very good at giving directions... if you can't find us it's because you are too stupid to actually listen to us.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
      Exactly. I get that all the time. As if I have jack doodley to do with the prices.
      I see I'm not the only one--good news/bad news
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Over the years we've gotten the same suggestion frequently.

"You guys have too much stuff in French and German. You ought to translate all of it into English."

It's always someone different who suggests it and they're always totally serious.
        Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Oh do we ever get some idiotic suggestions:

1. One guy suggested that Carl, who works at home, take work calls from after closing until he goes to bed because he's there and "has nothing better to do."

2. Another guy feels we should have 24/7 support "in case [he] needs help at 3 am." Not going to happen given that hiring more staff would raise prices and our prices are already "too high." (See 3 and 3a. below).

2a. The same guy later argued that we could use our current staff to extend our hours. Sure. We'll just cut back our staffing during our busy times (when the rest of our customers kind of NEED to be available) so we can have people available at 3 am, just in case someone decides to call.

3. Many people have suggested we not charge for our product at all. And how would we pay our employees or our bills? I don't answer the phone for free, you know?

3a. Some people have suggested that we charge different prices for different types of customers. Of course whatever customer type they happen to be is the one that get the lower price under their proposed pricing scheme. The funny thing is that if we had did this for every category of customer who suggested it, ALL of our customers would be getting the discount and nobody would be left to subsidize it.

4. One brilliant professor decided that people who "couldn't afford [our products]" should boycott us until we lower our prices.

6. Then there are the product suggestions. Our software is very specialized and does one thing quite well. We have numerous requests for adding features to the program:

a. A word processor just like Word. Because they like Word, but don't want to buy it.

b. An optical character recognition program, so they don't have to purchase one of those to get scanned documents into our program.

And many more. What they don't get is that if we spend time and money developing word processors and OCR software that other people already make and sell, our program is going to cost a helluva lot more than buying it plus those all those other programs would.

7. Sales people have suggested that I not be such a pain about letting them talk to the boss because it's "bad business."

8. People using our bare-bones freeware program have suggested that it include the main feature of our paid software.

And many more I've forgotten.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
            4. One brilliant professor decided that people who "couldn't afford [our products]" should boycott us until we lower our prices.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/i...ate=2006-07-23

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X