Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's me but people who attack each other with swords for fun are not the people i want to piss off and have coming after me.

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
      Maybe it's me but people who attack each other with swords for fun are not the people i want to piss off and have coming after me.
      Good thinking, but what have we always said here about SC's and thinking?

Comment

I just thought of this one. I'll occasionly peruse the Architect/Engineering jobs. A while back I saw a structural engineering firm looking for drafters and paying $25 an hour.

So I e-mailed my resume with a cover letter, and got an e-mail back pretty quickly. Turns out I e-mailed a head hunting agency, and they were looking for this company. This guy was going to show my resume to his boss, and they'd then pitch it to the engineering firm.

He said they would call me soon.

At 9 PM that night I get a call from this guy's boss. He has a few questions about me, fine. Then he asks me if I know anyone that could do (another job description), how about (yet another one).

In any case they'd send my resume to this company, and if that didn't get anywhere they'd send it out to some other people.

To this day (a good 8 months later) I have no idea if they even sent my resume to anyone. The ad was reposted several times, and I still see this same guy advertising all kinds of jobs (sadly the ones that sound like something good). I've been tempting to e-mail him again and ask if he's ever filled a job since they never even told me anything.

Comment

Never visited craigslist, for some reason. Just never had to or seen the point, specially when I was still living in Ireland. Some of these stories make me glad - I deal with enough stupidity wihtout seeking out more.

(Plus, I just avoid certain corners of the internet. Such as ones inhabited by videos of two female performers and a beverage container, shall we say?)

Comment

Working...
          X