This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy dinner rush

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forums for ages but never posted until now. I work at a small chain of convenience stores that makes subs and sells a little of everything. Yesterday it had been pretty slow. Uncommonly slow even, so we were working on the job list we had. At around 5:15pm, out of nowhere, people start showing up. For the next 45 minutes I was non-stop making 7 inch subs until we ran out of rolls. My other co-worker was handling the register (there were only 2 of us because we've had a few people quit recently). I only caught bits of what was going on at the register as I was running up the sandwiches I'd finished. One SC was a young guy who wanted a single blunt. We don't sell singles or wraps. No one has ever copped an attitude about it till now. He argued with her about it for a minute causing a small scene before he finally left. The other SC was another young guy who came up to the register in the middle of someone else's transaction and wanted to be rung up first (ahead of a line). My co-worker told him she couldn't and when he kept trying she told him that she didn't have time for him and that she was in the middle of a transaction and he had to wait in the back of the line. She was a little snippy but he deserved it. The other customers agreed with how she handled it. All I caught of that was him calling her a bitch before he turned to leave. I've only worked there 3 months, but we so rarely have SC's that to have 2 like that was noteworthy. However, there is one co-irker I work with that I may post about soon.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention shortly after this, both our registers ran out of receipt paper and there were no rolls left to replace it. A coworker had to borrow some from a gas station next to use that was a little too narrow.

Comment

Some people just can't see that they aren't the sole centre of the universe. There are other *people* here too you know, and I'm going to treat THEM exactly equal with YOU. Which means you go wait over there till it's your turn.

Comment

How is calling a cashier a bitch supposed to help do anything cause the SC can't get what they want? They revert to calling somebody names & all they've done is make themselves look like an ass.

Comment

Working...
        X