X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, I'm an imbecile

I really hate people sometimes.

Customer comes in and wants to upgrade. Explain to customer that it is likely possible, but there is a past due balance on the account. Before I get any farther, the guy runs out of the store whining about "not having time for this." I ask the wife if they would like to me to try and resolve the problem, and if her husband wanted to get a phone today and she very loftily informs me that her husband is a doctor and doesn't have time for this- he is too busy "saving lives." (little tidbit- he's a family practicitioner, not a fucking ER surgeon).

The wife gets extremely snotty and condescending and tells me that she is set up with autopay, so I am incorrect.

I look at the account notes which state that she does not have autopay- the call was disconnected with the rep before it could be set up. Same rep also tried to call the customer back, but no one bothered answering the phone.

I also inform her that while I believe she is eligible for the upgrade, I have to double check because the last contract was only signed a little over a year ago. To which she informs me that I must "need a new computer" because she did them over two years ago, and she "has the paperwork" (not with her of course)

Now, if she wasn't a flaming cunt javelin*, I would have gladly called customer service myself to straighten out the situation, and get an eligibility response.

But, since she was a total bitch, completely and utterly rude, and just plain nasty (all this before I could even offer up any solutions) I told her she had to call billing herself. The nastier she got, the more I insisted that she should call herself, and that she would even be welcome to use our phone. (this is mostly true- I CANNOT affect billing in my store, and the phone reps WILL seek permission from the customer before they talk to me).

She gets on the phone for approx. two secs, hangs up and snaps at me, "How do I dial my office!? I will have THEM deal with this!" Of course, I'm a bit confused since I just dialed for her so she could resolve the problem, but it dawns on me what she wants, so I let her make another phone call.

I hear her bitching about me over the phone, and she's asking me questions in between.

Finally, she leaves. (I tell her to "have a nice day" ) as she's bitching at me on the way out the door about "you people" and "switching to [competitor]".

I thought that'd be it. But oh no. It never is.

She calls back about 10 mins later and gets my co-worker J on the phone. Rants at him about how I'm an imbicile, she told customer service how I must be new because I'm so stupid and don't know how to do my job.

He explained to her that he was with another customer, but he'd help her when he was done, and he defended me- informing this asshole that I, in fact, have been doing my job for over a year and he is positive that I know what I'm doing.

She hung up.

What REALLY FUCKING pisses me off, is that I put notes in her account about the whole thing and the raging assmonkeys in customer service probably completely ignored them, and bowed down before her highness.

Probably, she was completely polite to them and made me look like the jerk- or her slaves in the office took care of it, I don't know.

I hate people like that. Seriously, how do you get to be such a rotten, condescending, bitter, nasty, rude, horrible old wench???

I was shaking. It really got to me. I'm very helpful, I do my job correctly, and I always do what's in the best interest of the customer. But I will not go above and beyond for someone who treats me like dog shit on the bottom of their shoe. I don't give a shit what you, or your spouse does for a living. Fuck you if you think that you, or your time, are more important than me and mine. I didn't take that attitude from my ex, I sure as HELL am not taking it from some fucking asshole I don't even know!

/rant

*thanks for the new word Gravekeeper.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

isn't it amazing that the more money and power someone *claims* to have ... the less ability they have in paying their bills?

though... i wouldn't call her a javelin.... cos Javelins at least have a purpose in existing.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      isn't it amazing that the more money and power someone *claims* to have ... the less ability they have in paying their bills?
      Yeah....and almost always the more they brag the less they have.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I promise when I become a doctor* I will not behave like I own the universe. I don't want to own the universe.

*Pharm D with a specialization in Nuclear Pharmacy. That is, if I can pony up the cash and survive the calculus.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Oh no. I don't doubt they have the money. I now work in a rather well-off area (the location I originally worked out...that was another story).

I am well aware that it was possibly a billing error. I daresay it was HER problem for not setting up the auto-payment option correctly. And it was HER fault for not picking up the phone when customer service tried to contact her regarding the matter.

IF she had been a nice person, it would have been no skin off my nose to pick up the phone and call and straigten it out. But I don't do favors for assholes. Especially since calls to customer service can be a dodgy process. One never knows if they'll be on hold for 1 min or 15 and I can't afford to make another potential sale stand around and wait.

In any event, if she had not bitten my head off, the whole thing would have been resolved with no headaches.

Once you start in calling me names and putting me down- fuck you. Do it yourself.

After the way she treated me, I didn't want the sale, anyway. No sale is worth the amount of trouble I'm sure I would have had with these people. If they DID come back and buy a phone from my co-worker, they still won't get any help from me. If he's not in, I'll make them wait and come back. I'm an imbecile afterall. Why would they need MY help?
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Got to love broke jokers like these. We get them all the time in cable. "What do you mean, I can't order (insert X pay-per-view event, like wrestling or boxing or football)? So what if I'm pastdue, can't you override it?" My thoughts, well, yea, I could (or my boss could, really) but why the hell are we going to have you run up an additional $20-80 per event when you owe us for two months service already? Pay your bill and this shit wouldn't happen!

Comment

They may not have the money they'd like you to think they have. I have a neighbor that everybody thought must be the richest guy around. He has two high priced cars, a boat, and lots of other expensive toys.

He was pacing down the sidewalk the other day and he asked me if I knew anything about a seminar that was being advertised on the radio. I told him that I did not. (A tag line in the ad is 'find out why savers are chumps.') So anyway, he had gone to the seminar and was telling me how it worked. Basically, move money around, beat the float, rob Peter to pay Paul, etc. I asked him why he went and it turns out he's so far under water he was looking for a fix to his problems. I suggested he take a loan from his 401k, (he works for a company that I KNOW offers one.) His response? "What's a 401k?"

His ENTIRE wealth is tied up in luxury items that are quickly losing their value, and that he does not own outright anyway.

He got a little pissed at me when I told him, "It's not the toys you have, it's your net worth that counts."

Their house is now up for auction. I might buy it as a rental, depending on the deal I can get.
              If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
              --Woodrow Willson

Comment

I worked in collections for 7 years. I was always shocked at the people who had the money to pay - they'd blow us off, make excuse after excuse.

The more decent of the scuzbuckets would scrimp and pull every last penny to put $10 on their bill when in the mean time 2 more came in.

And the biggest jerks were always the ones that proclaimed to be religious. I only worked collections themselves for 6 months but if they had "God bless you" or "Praise the Lord" on their machine, guaranteed they'd be jerks when they called back. My minister always got a kick out of those stories.

As soon as you said the man stomped off grumbling, I would put money on it that they were well aware that they were past due, and came down to try and weasel around it.
                Oh yeah? Well I have a few words for you! Like YOU, and ARE, and A MORON!!!!

Comment

Eariler today, a woman called and wanted to know about the prices. No big deal. Except for the fact that the other customer in the store was being loud. Not sucky just yet. I asked the woman on the phone to repeat herself again and I apologized about that. She started speaking louder and slower, like I am stupid. She was my first customer to do that, since I started working here
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    She started speaking louder and slower, like I am stupid.
                    I hate when people do that. Thankfully, I don't get it too often. I mean, I've only been doing my job for over a year and a half...I don't know what I'm doing or anything.

My favorite is when the customer asks a completely STUPID question (as in, so stupid I either can't figure out what their asking- because I essentially just answered them- OR so stupid I'm not sure if that's what they are REALLY asking because the answer is so obvious.)

I had a customer do that to me yesterday and I looked at them and repeated myself because I couldn't figure out exactly what they wanted to know. Somehow my co-worker deduced what answer they were really looking for, and I just looked at them like, "why didn't you say it that way in the first place?"

Usually I'm good at just figuring out what people mean, but I was tired yesterday... they burned out my brain.

Comment

though... i wouldn't call her a javelin.... cos Javelins at least have a purpose in existing.
                      How about Javelina?
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth cj1991 View Post
                        And the biggest jerks were always the ones that proclaimed to be religious. I only worked collections themselves for 6 months but if they had "God bless you" or "Praise the Lord" on their machine, guaranteed they'd be jerks when they called back.
                        Glad to know I'm not the only one who has noticed that!

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                          Now, if she wasn't a flaming cunt javelin*, I would have gladly called customer service myself to straighten out the situation, and get an eligibility response.

But, since she was a total bitch, completely and utterly rude, and just plain nasty (all this before I could even offer up any solutions) I told her she had to call billing herself.
                          That was my attitude back in my retail hell days. If you're nice to me, I will gladly go the extra mile to help you out. If you're a b*tch to me, then I will do only the bare mininum that is required of me.
                          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I really hate people who think they are so smart they couldn't POSSBILY make a mistake...EVER.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                              I hate people like that. Seriously, how do you get to be such a rotten, condescending, bitter, nasty, rude, horrible old wench???
                              "Maybe she was abused as a child."
                              "God I fucking hope so."
                              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                              "What IS fun to fight through?"
                              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
                              X