Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my DDP Yoga tonight...

DDP: "Let's get into those one-legged positions".
    Me: "That's what she said!"
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Is it just me or is it immensely satisfying watching two people get thoroughly ripped apart by the Sharks on Shark Tank because their claims were so damn vague and questionable?

Comment

• So last night my housemate went past me on the stairs with what looked decidedly like a Tupperware box full of blood.Should I be worried??
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          ... looked decidedly like a Tupperware box full of blood.Should I be worried??
          Was it yours?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            So last night my housemate went past me on the stairs with what looked decidedly like a Tupperware box full of blood.Should I be worried??
            Could be tomato soup, or tomato sauce.

Alternatively they're a vampire who's being civilised and going to the store rather than going hunting.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Apparently its a 'lady's thing'. That.. raises even more questions. Hang on I'll check...All veins here..nope not mine..do I have to check everything in this house??
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Last night I watched a Spanish-Language show called "El Rico y Lazaro" (The Rich and Lazarus). It's in Spanish.

I know more Spanish than my wife does, and I'd catch sentences here and there, but it was oddly compelling. Even not even understanding most of the Spanish.

It's a Spanish-Language show, based upon a Brazilian show (O Rico e Lazaro), based upon a Biblical Parable:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...31&version=NIV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_man_and_Lazarus
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Today is a good day. For the first time in 3 years I can fit into one of my favourite skirts!

Not through any deliberate weight-loss plan, more of a change from medication which had a side effect of making me incredibly hungry all the tie, so I can only manage smaller portions now with very rare snacking, plus being a little bit more careful about what I eat.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• The news is horrible, and I have a definite fear of drowning. Just, fyi. Maybe other news is worse, but I can't get this one out of my head. Lovely.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Saw a sock on a parking meter today...so is that how they're made?
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Saw a sock on a parking meter today...so is that how they're made?
                        Parking meters in my city all have signs on them reading "IT IS ILLEGAL TO PARK AT A MALFUNCTIONING METER."

I have such an urge to go around writing "SO FIX THE DAMN THINGS!!" on those signs.

Can't afford the fine it would likely lead to, though.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Just sitting here on the patio, scratching my new mosquito bites while my toddler performs the important function of hitting trees with sticks.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I remember my toddler-of-the-moment manfully slaying the tall weeds with the Mighty Slap!

... until he discovered Stingy Nettle! ...

Comment

• My 3-month-old granddaughter finally has a name... but they still haven't decided how to spell it! My preference is Maia Raynie...

Comment

• Raking up 2-3 years of leaf litter left to mold by the previous residents, and a fucking scorpion scuttles out.😱

This is the American southeast. I did NOT expect that. But apparently there are multiple species native to this state...

No more bare feet outside, ever.
                                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                                X