This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth vang View Post
    So, chances that they'll end up actually going back to that $24K bid as soon as they can hack it?
    I doubt it, actually.

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
    Get the money and terminate your services. But I do agree, if they *want* to spend $24k, you know you can do it for $2.5k, charge then $18k. It might, possibly, make dealing with these idiots better.
    I've already been paid, thankfully.

Quoth Etna View Post
    You just attract these people like flies Seraph! I think your heart would stop if you had no drama!
    No, I just think the universe would come to a halt. :P These things just KEEP happening!
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Sounds like the senior pastor of my old Church - he held out for so long to upgrade the server of the Church network (trying to get the cheapest possible price against the advise of...well pretty much everyone) that the system completely crashed - to the extent the remains were seen in the corridor of the church offices with several pedestal fans around it keeping it cool until they got someone to replace the server.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        I doubt it, actually.
        Oh good. Well, sort of. It avoids any later snide remarks about how you were obviously "too cheap" to serve their awesome needs at least.

Comment

And jack up your prices to them if they call back because I bet a number of people will complain of the down-grade. If they complain, point out that you don't want the drama without the money. The worse they can do is go to someone else, the best is they give you lots of money.

And review your contract with them - NO FREEBIES!

Comment

Seraph, the friend in your sig really nailed it.

Comment

So ridiculously true, LOL.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Something tells me that a huge chunk of their "traffic" is really just the huge amount of bandwidth needed to load BMPs instead of JPG's >_> Hell, I used to have a GC site back in the day and even I wasn't that dumb.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X