Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with iPod Touch/iPhone? (Wi-Fi question)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with iPod Touch/iPhone? (Wi-Fi question)

I'm not having any luck finding an answer on the Apple site, so I thought I'd try here.

For some reason, whenever I leave home with my iPod Touch (ie, out of range for my home wi-fi network), it refuses to reconnect when I return home until I reboot the router. I can't figure this out. My laptop is always connected to the internet through the router, and the router has never failed us.

All Wi-fi settings on the iPod are correct, as far as I know. Wi-fi is turned on, I've chosen my network, entered the password, etc.

I realize this is a long shot, but perhaps someone out there has had a similar problem. Even wild stabs in the dark are appreciated. It's not a major issue, but it's a bit annoying.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

I can't help you personally (no experience with the beasties), but if you don't get an answer here and are in range of an Apple store, try setting up an appointment with the genius bar guys. I've always been happy with the (free) service I've received from them.

Comment

I know that my blackberry has the option to connect automatically and as long as you have entered in the info for a wireless network it will automatically connect as long as you choose that option for it. Check and see if there is something present on your ipod for that as well.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

oooh yeah, the genius bar is cool. they'll help you out!

last time i was at one - my bf getting his laptop keyboard fixed - another guy was there with a PC laptop to get his itunes worked on. so yeah, i'm sure they'll ahve the answer.

good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the "genius bar" suggestion. As luck would have it, I'll be in the vicinity of an Apple store early next week. So I plan to check that out.

I don't know what they'll do for me though, since I've since found the "answer" to my question on the iPod help site. I should have nabbed a screenshot; you had to see it to believe it. Basically, the question read: "Why do I need to reboot my router to get my Wi-fi working?" and the answer was: "Should you experience problems connecting to your Wi-fi network, reboot the router."

Thanks Apple! That's all win right there.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
          X