This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try so hard not to suck

So, I had to make a tech support call, last night.

My cable modem has breathed its last, which I suppose isn't so shocking, considering that I've had it for more years than I'd care to admit to. So, first thing, I go through the standard series of steps to see if I can bring it back: press reset, leave it unplugged for a while and then press reset, curse at it for a while... the usual.

No luck.

Next thing is to get on the neighbour's wireless (yes, i'm allowed) and go to the website to check for an outage. After all, the modem powers on, it just doesn't do anything after that.

Nope.

So, I talk to a tech on the online chat support thingy. She does a quick test and tells me the modem's blown, but she can't schedule a guy to come replace it, so I'll have to call the call center. Easy enough, and now at least I have the right number.

I call, and the guy is very nice and verifies that the modem is really broken. Then he tries to schedule a house call. No luck. The other tech never released my account, so no one else can work on it, and the call centre she's in is closed for the evening.

No one could get into my account until around noon today, when the locks from last night were purged from the systems. Finally, talking to tech #3, I get a damned visit scheduled, after more than twelve hours of dumb. And it's on Sunday, which means it's even earlier than I expected.

I managed to be polite through the whole thing, and other people were polite to me. It wasn't too traumatising, except for the waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I know the first tech is human, and people make mistakes, but that was still really annoying.
    07-88-02 :: How do I powercycle the previous agent?
    Get the joke? You know where I work. Missed it? Sorry, can't say a word about it.

Well, I've had some similar experiences:

Going thru a grocery line, just after End of Day...running a card to pay for the food but the back end computers weren't able to recieve them.

Your problem and my issue are alike in the idea that processes may need to be tweaked or dealt with.

Personally, I'd write out a letter to management @ the ISP, state what you said here, and say, I'm not complaining to make money or to say that I dont like you. I'm writing to say there are people dropping the ball or processes that dont work as they should.

Throw in a possible step to control/ check the open tickets, and there you go.

cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I think you should call in and scream and rant and rave about the piss poor customer service and demand free internet for life, a new modem free of charge, and, Hell while you're at it, tell them you want a new computer with printer/scanner/fax.

Why not? everyone else does and it works for them.

OR...maybe Cutenoob's idea is better. Yeah let's go with that one.
      Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

Account locks happen... but there should be someone who can remove them. At my company, we have a National Desk that can clear such things 24 hours a day.
        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
        X