This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're perfect! You must need help!

So on the paper route, if we make a mistake or otherwise get a complaint, my District Sales Manager will often send us a throw list (list of addresses of our customers). It's patronizing, really. Everyone makes the occasional mistake, or a paper will get stolen or blown away, and even if you've had your route for years with a low error ratio, he sends out a throw list when a complaint is received as if you don't know your own route. It's like okay, the customer didn't get their paper for whatever reason, that's enough for me to figure out what went wrong, you really don't need to mow down a whole forest to give me another copy of the book that is my throw list for the occasional mistake on a route I've had for over six years. I can just read the complaint, thanks.

The other day, though, I got a head scratcher. I didn't have a complaint, but I got a nice big throw list with my route paperwork with the note along the lines of: "Please be sure to address all your customer concerns. Your error ratio is 00.00. Yay!" (Yes, it actually said "Yay!")

It wasn't a case of them just sending out lists to all the carriers, either, because my second route's paperwork did not have a list and I know my error ratio is above zero on that one. (I had a customer recently come back from vacation, and either I missed the memo or didn't get it, but they waited two and a half weeks before saying anything about not getting their paper, so that ratio's been nicely thrashed. )

So I don't have any complaints on that route, but I need a throw list to make sure I'm "addressing all customer concerns", even though my customers apparently don't have any concerns...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Maybe the lists are set up to regenerate every so many months, to keep up with changes, but as they reprinted when an error appears the timer is reset so that one timed out while the rest just keep getting redone with errors? Or maybe they really do want you to address all the zero customer complaints. Don't strain yourself with that giant list!

Congratulations though, zero errors is not easy to accomplish in anything.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d72RbCvQ9a0

Maybe your boss saw this one too many times?

Comment

Working...
      X