This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Hire These Guys

We're prepping another batch of abandoned/illegally parked cars that the owners have refused to claim for disposal.

One of them is a older SUV we've had since November.

Stuck to the windows of said vehicle are several signs. Not joke signs you sometimes see, but professionally prepared and applied high quality signs,] that state it belongs to the "PARANORMAL RESEARCH CENTER"

No phone number is listed, I guess we're supposed to contact them through ESP?

Anyway, THAT should tell you all you need to know about how competent the people in THAT line of work are.

Finding ghosts?

Finding UFOs?

Finding Bigfoot?

Heck, it's been three months and they have yet to solve the MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE of their OWN TRUCK!!!!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

They probably figure a ghost drove off with it. Yes, I'm aware that was a groan-worthy response. Sorry!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Who you gonna call?!

Comment

Sooo,

So you guys get first dibs on buying the cars?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

If you want them.

I really don't want what looks to be a 97' Chevy Suburban with rusted out fender arches, 4 flats, and inspection/safety stickers out for several years.

Remember, there's usually a DARN GOOD REASON nobody comes to pick em' up!

Comment

That damn ghost did it!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Perhaps excessive acquaintance with certain
              Spirits erased memory of the car.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                They probably figure a ghost drove off with it.
                Actually, no; more likely, a ghost took off with *them*, and that's why no one claimed the truck...

Comment

Hmmm, never thought of that possibility......

[creepy old guy voice] They were warned, THEEEEEYYYY WERE WAARRRNNNNNEDD!!!![/creepy old guy voice]

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    Actually, no; more likely, a ghost took off with *them*, and that's why no one claimed the truck...
                    A ghost... or something...

(NOTE: That link is to a short film on YouTube called "No Through Road." Creepy and scary.)
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It sounds like people are using towing as a way to get rid of their old worthless cars without having to pay for it.

As for the car in the story... I think they were trying to set up an investigation for themselves.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                        It sounds like people are using towing as a way to get rid of their old worthless cars without having to pay for it.

As for the car in the story... I think they were trying to set up an investigation for themselves.
                        I dunno. I once sold a car to the friend of the son of a friend. He never paid me, but I had only asked for $100. Fast forward 6 months later, and I find myself paying a fee ($50?) for "my" abandoned car that had gone thru the whole tow -> auction thing. Sigh.
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                          I dunno. I once sold a car to the friend of the son of a friend. He never paid me, but I had only asked for $100. Fast forward 6 months later, and I find myself paying a fee ($50?) for "my" abandoned car that had gone thru the whole tow -> auction thing. Sigh.
                          Many years ago, I had traded in my Caravelle for a newer used car at a new and used car dealership. Fast forward two or three years, and I got a call from the police impound (or at least I think that was who called it's been almost 20 years) telling me my car had been towed for being abandoned. After I figured out what they were actually talking about I told them I had traded it in years ago. An hour or two later I thought, "Damn, I should have paid the tow/impound fee and resold the car."

Comment

That has happened to me too. A car I had traded in when I bought a new car turned up latter as still being mine when it was towed. All I had to do was show them the paperwork from when I traded in it to a dealer. It seems that people like to buy older cars, never register them and then drive them till they break down.
                            I told them that I most likely would have taken it back if they had called me before the storage fees had hit $1800. The car just wasn't worth that much with the now blown engine.

Comment

When I sold my truck, I drove the guy over to the title office myself to transfer it. It served to make sure it got done, and to give the fellow proof that everything worked as I said.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X