This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't even quit right...

The site I work at has employees and temp workers. For weather and other emergency call-off issues, both types of employees call the same phone number. It's on their hire paperwork. It's on the sign on the door. It's on a wallet card they get; I believe it's even on the main phone number message. If they call security asking if the site is closed/shifts delayed due to weather, etc, we refer them to call their emergency number. This is so we can't be blamed for giving the wrong information (even so, during the snow storm a half dozen 2nd shift people showed-up because they hadn't called the number for an updated.

This temp worker had worked two months...two months too long! Every other day he was calling the security phone to leave a message for his temp boss. The temp had his number, and he had the emergency number. At first I gave him the numbers to call because he said he lost them and took a message. Then I began reminding him he HAD to call those numbers; but I was nice and took a message anyway. He was CONSTANTLY complaining he couldn't leave a message with his boss! (the emergency line has a directory; hit a number for employee or temp, another number for department, etc. Not hard at all). Not to mention the 2nd time he did this his boss told me he had given the temp his personal number!

Temp calls security again today (what part of 'security' don't they understand when we answer the phone; it is not synonymous with 'answering service!') He says he needs to leave a message for his boss but forgot the number again. I say I'll pass on the message. He says:

"Tell him I quit. I got another job." Click. (Wow. You're going to get a GREAT reference after this!)

Oookkk. Temp's boss said it was really for the best.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

.... and nothing of value was lost.

THE END
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

After the 2nd or 3rd time, I'd have stopped taking the message. "Look, idiot, I'm not an answering service. Call the emergency number." [click]
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
      X