Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Doctor Who quote that I just remembered...

The 4th Doctor: "I say, what a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"

--From "City of Death", which featured rewrites by the immortal Douglas Adams!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

"And don't call me Shirley."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      - A. Einstein

B
      Last edited by Bandit; 07-10-2009, 02:27 AM.
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

"Only two things in life are certain: Death and Taxes." - Joe Black

"Darmok and Jelad at Tenagra." Episode: Darmok ST:TNG

"Aww, I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger. And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me. Ooh, that was rude. Is that the kind of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger? " 10th Doctor (David Tennant) The Christmas Invasion

"Everyone wants control; control of power, resources, people. People will do anything for it. We kill to control." myself, written in a story i've long since lost lol

and something funny:

"Ahh... I don't feel right. I feel like I'm leaking." Kirk, Star Trek XI (Chris Pine)

"Flik: Here, pretend - pretend that that's a seed.
        Dot: It's a rock.
        Flik: Oh, I know it's a rock, I know. But let's just pretend for a minute that it's a seed, alright? We'll just use our imaginations. Now, now do you see our tree? Everything that made that giant tree is already contained inside this tiny little seed. All it needs is some time, a little bit of sunshine and rain, and voilá!
        Dot: This rock will be a tree?
        Flik: Seed to tree. You've gotta work with me, here. Alright? Okay. Now, y-you might not feel like you can do much now, but that's just because, well, you're not a tree yet. You just have to give yourself some time. You're still a seed.
        Dot: But it's a rock.
        Flik: [shouting] I know it's a rock! Don't you think I know a rock when I see a rock? I've spent a lot of time around rocks!
        Dot: You're weird, but I like you." A Bug's Life
        "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
        ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

"Lady Malvern tried to freeze him with a look, but you can't do that sort of thing to Jeeves. He is look-proof."

My Man Jeeves by PG Wodehouse
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

The hand that stocks the drug stores rules the world.
            – Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

Sad, but true.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"Show me a man that TRULY understands women, and I'll show you a man that's about to go under the knife to BECOME ONE."

--Me
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                "Show me a man that TRULY understands women, and I'll show you a man that's about to go under the knife to BECOME ONE."

--Me
                I don't know if I'd necessarily agree with that. In my experience, even women don't understand other women.

Now for some quotes from Mark Twain. (I have not checked to make sure these are correctly attributed, but they're great anyway.)

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
                Mark Twain

Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
                Mark Twain

All generalizations are false, including this one.
                Mark Twain

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
                Mark Twain

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
                Mark Twain

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                Mark Twain

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
                Mark Twain

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
                Mark Twain

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
                Mark Twain

Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which before their union were not perceived to have any relation.
                Mark Twain
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen,
                  welcome to the disclaimer!
                  That's right, the disclaimer.

This American apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the lyrics, which might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time!

So, protect your family!
                  This album contains explicit depictions of things which are real.
                  These real things are commonly known as life.
                  So, if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously.
                  If it sounds dangerous, do not try this at home or at all.
                  And if it offends you, just don't listen to it!

--"Disclaimer" by The Offspring
                  Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM.
                  --StanFlouride

Comment

"I like to beat my meat when it's this thick."
                    --Paula Deen

"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them on the ass."
                    --Frank Zappa
                    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                    --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                      I don't know if I'd necessarily agree with that. In my experience, even women don't understand other women.
                      "Show me a man who says he understands women, and I'll show you a god-damned liar!"

--My friend Brian!
                      --StanFlouride

Comment

I always mean to start reading a Dean Koontz book, but by the time I actually get it home from the bookstore he's written sixteen more of them, and the thought of trying to catch up is so exhausting I need to take a bunch of codeine and have a nap.

- poster "Murasaki" from this thread on Slate.

Comment

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                          Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
                          Hamlet, Act 1, Scene v
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When a cat adopts you there is nothing to be done about it except to put up with it until the wind changes.
                            – T.S. Eliot

Comment

To be, or not to be...

"To be, or not to be? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them.

To die – to sleep – no more… and by a sleep to say we end the heartache, and the thousand natural shocks the flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To die – to sleep. To sleep – perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub! For in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause.

There's the respect that makes calamity of such long life. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, the pangs of despised love, the law's delay, the insolence of office, and the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin? Who would these fardels bear, to grunt and sweat under a weary life?

But that the dread of something after death – that undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveler returns – puzzles the will, and makes us rather bear those ills we have than fly to those we know not of. Thus conscience does make cowards of us all. And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought. And enterprises of great pith and moment with this regard their currents turn awry and lose the name of action."

--Hamlet's contemplation of committing suicide, from Hamlet by William Shakespeare.
                              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM. Reason: Editing links...
                              --StanFlouride

Comment

Various Sonic X quotes, cuz I have no life. XD

Rouge: What are you babbling about? You call yourself a hunter? Attacking a lady? Shame on you.
                                Knuckles: What kind of lady goes around stealing gems anyway?

Knuckles: You're late, slow-poke.
                                Sonic: Yeah, well, I stopped to admire the scenery. This planet is pretty cool. You'd like this place too if you weren't such a party pooper.
                                Knuckles: Enough talk. Let's go.

Eggman: You're pretty persistent for a hedgehog, aren't you? You're still alive, huh?
                                Sonic: Letting Knuckles pilot the shuttle over here was more dangerous than you'll ever be.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X