Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

makes working with the public seem...NICE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makes working with the public seem...NICE!

alright you are probably wondering about the title, but please note that I am writing this after finishing a 10 hour shift on 2 hours of sleep...I have decieded that people when you don't have to deal with them face to face, are more annoying and stupid then the ones I have to deal with face to face...

I just started a new job today...working in the returns department for a major comany that sells on TV, and online...(coughhsncough)...

Stories to explain this post tomorrow....after I use some and get a few more then 2 hours of sleep...I promise them to hopefully be interesting...these stories will come from not only the items being returned...but also from my fellow employees...
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Ooooh.... can't wait!

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

snakes hand into kettlecorn popcorn, and eats before heading to bed~ I promise...stories tomorrow...more days delay=more stories to tell...
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Oohh, I can't wait. Pass the kettle corn please.
        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

story one...

yesterday started off fine...had team meeting first thing in the morning, went with my trainer and learned the ropes and just before first break get put out on my own...easy job you use a hand scanner for almost everything...and by everything I mean you don't even have to hit the enter button or click the mouse a hundred different times to get back to the beginning to start all over again with a new package...just 4 scans...

Anywho I digress...I work in the returns department, and deal with packages people have returned for what ever reason...my first BIG package came on the line and I opened it up and theres almost nothing but clothes in it...TAGS removed, but thankfully all the paper work intact...I mean this was the whole shebang...fake fur jacket, slacks with fancy belt, blazer, and a dress. then I remove them and start to process them and find the makeup, and jewelry...and I'm like WTF?!

and I quote from the return slip as to why they were returning them "I just didn't think they were my style, I had bought them for a party."

Now the one good thing I pride myself on is a good eye...I know when someone has used something and tries to write it off as unused. the makeup have been used, the clothes had been used and unwashed....(shudders)...so I write the entire thing off as damaged....but the LOVELY $90 fur jacket? she forgot to put in her return slip for it and I had no record of it in her file

Well enough on that story...more to come after work! ~picks up ball and chain and walks to car~

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            Now the one good thing I pride myself on is a good eye...I know when someone has used something and tries to write it off as unused. the makeup have been used, the clothes had been used and unwashed....(shudders)...so I write the entire thing off as damaged....but the LOVELY $90 fur jacket? she forgot to put in her return slip for it and I had no record of it in her file

Well enough on that story...more to come after work! ~picks up ball and chain and walks to car~
            Oh, yes, the lovely "borrowers." Every clothing establishment's favorite customers. </sarcasm>

Heh. I wonder who she bought the coat from and how much it's going to cost her when it comes down to the fact that she never returned it to them.

I bet she bitches up a blue streak about it to them and tries to make them take it off her account. I hope they don't cave.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

New story...

alright day 2 of new job >< Lovely day >< I HATE THE PACKING DEPARTMENT!!!

Ahem...I digress again...its what happens when my knees are the same width of my calves down to the ankle...

alright...normal day...get back...team meeting...etc, start opening and processing packages, open one with a note included that said "Love the white babies...but I am of african-american decent, and would like to see some black babies as well as bleached babies in your products" I'm like WTF?! I read this to my co worker and we both get a good chuckle out of it. Next few boxes are semi normal...until I open one with MAKEUP in it...and the comment on the return slip states "to salty", kid you not...what did you try and do people?! EAT IT?!

enough ranting...don't have to many stories as soon after first break I got moved over to packing department...lovely place...makes you stand 10 - 12 hours on a concrete floor in one place, with no safety mats or anything. More stories tomorrow

Comment

So sorry to hear about your sucky days, I can commiserate. I also work at one of the tv places, the one that sells just jewelry stuff.

I did do some extra shifts over in shipping and returns, and you're right, people send back the most horrible things! I got plenty of cigarette butts, random papers, and lots and lots of pet hair. Unfortunately, I have cat dander allergies, so I don't think I'll be going back over there anytime soon

However, my main position is phone sales, so I'd say all in all you just might have it better than me

Comment

argh...

Stupid company policy!!!! ok this is not a customer rant...but NEEDS to be ranted about following along the lines of this entire thread...

We are having issues with our supervisors at work about overtime and how its working...they say one thing for YEARS...then 2 days ago they come up and say "well we misunderstood what the policy was...this is actually what it means.." That pissed off ALOT of people...so...we ask for an employee handbook...no one has one in the building...I am now in the process of contacting the HEADQUARTERS of the company to get a copy...this fails I report them to the BBB for failure to have a list of understood company rules in written form...before I go THAT far how ever can someone tell me if I have the grounds to do that?

Comment

Well, the BBB is not the place you would go for that sort of issue.

For incidents that have to do with employer / employee relations, you will want to get in touch with your local labor board to determine what is and is not allowed and how it should be handled.

As for the overtime thing, they can probably change that policy at any time as long as they notify staff about the change before it goes into effect.

^-.-^

Comment

thing is it wasn't a change in policy it was and I quote from the super "its how I thought things were...seems I was wrong and this is how the policy actually is (deal with it or leave)" ok he didn't say that last part but it was implied.

Comment

semi long rant...52 hour shift next week...in 5 days &gt;&lt; stories WILL come...

new story for day 3...while slowly plotting how to pick the winning powerball lottery numbers before monday >.>...

normal day...all day in returns...small amount of packages in my chute to process...45 minutes later about a dozen or more come down....just after first break....the chute is now back up to the table next to me....10 feet worth of space...ugh I think...its gonna be one of those days...

I LOVE the cheapskates that throw like 8 or 10 different orders in one box...."forget" to attach the return slips (simple pieces of paper that COME with your paperwork when you get the gor dang item >< that say "please return this with your purchase for a full refund")...so heres a 10" x 12" x 10" box....FULL of packing peanuts, and no less then 20small to medium items, randomly scattered about the box ><. Now there are SOME nice people that will bag the items, but still forget to put the slips in with them...(when dealing with face products and perfume and mkaeup this CAN be a blessing...will get to that story in a minute)...the paper work is another rant...

so once I finally get these boxes sorted out I go to put them into the computer to start the refund process...only to find out that they didn't send 15% of the right items >< so...I have to box it ALL back up and send it down to the right person who handles these things...Thankfully I'm a nice person...I'll bag the items with the slips tapped on but a VERY "nice" note to the person who handles them, what exactly happened ><...

The rant continues...I LOVE customers that tell me the problem in writing with more details then I need to know, and that has NOTHING to do with the item that they returned...on the same note I had 20 different slips tell me they wanted the shipping refunded as well...when they used the prepaid return label to mail it back (that cost is removed from their refund and is stated in 4 different places in all their paperwork...if you pay the shipping yourself every penny is refunded except a small restocking fee i think...)

Please note that all this happens before lunch break at 1pm...we started at 7am..

lunch time rolls around...friendly chatter with some co workers...where in I am told "hey they told you we have to work monday right?" Jaw proceeds to hit floor...end of the quarter and EVERY single box is required to be processed and ready before 11:59pm monday night...lovely...gonna be a nice check though...if I'm alive to spend it come next paycheck.

Well bedtime for me...more stories to come...I hope

Comment

Good luck with the Powerball. Alas, you'd have better odds tossing the cash for the ticket in a jar.

What is it with people who can't figure out how to do returns? I do not envy you one bit.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                          X