This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude or not that is the question

We have a certain thing we HAVE to say or we get docked in QA. A little background, my company is an outsourced call center supporting another company. Well I just got this call a few seconds ago and it sort of blows my mind. The employees of this company know this spiel its in our contract to SAY it.

Me: Thank you for calling my name is Darrien, may I have your employee ID number please?
    Emp: Hello my name is Emp, and your name again?
    Me: Darrien, may I have your employee ID number please?
    Emp: What is your name?
    Me: *not expecting that response* What?
    Emp: Do you know its rude of you to ask for my id number before my name?
    Me: I am sorry but I am required to get that number first then verify who I am speaking with.
    Emp: I know thats what your told to do but its rude.
    *Call continues as normally but hes obviously having attitude issues as hes not very pleasant as apparently the previous rep for his issue was not competent or did not know to look up the issue*

Seriously how exactly is asking for that first rude or am I missing point?
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Wait, if he knows what you all have to do why does he...have..a..problem. I think brain is breaking from what I read.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

uh, I think Emp is an idiot.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Well I went from taking calls from cable customers to taking calls from employees, though I do get the occassional strange call. The environment is no where NEAR as stressful as the previous center.

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
          Me: I am sorry but I am required to get that number first then verify who I am speaking with.
          My response: I know it's rude but it's company policy. Your employee ID number, please?

Twat.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I love how whenever someone is telling you you were rude for just doing what is excpected of you they're doing it in the rudest way they can think of.

Dumbasses, all of them.

Comment

We have outside sales reps who like to pull BS like this on our CS department.

My response to them when they get snarky to me for enforcing corporate policy that I'm paid to follow: "Well I'll be certain to pass your thoughts on the company on to your manager!"

I'm not their therapist, I don't care if it's rude or not. If our employer tells me to do something a certain way, I do it.
              Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                We have a certain thing we HAVE to say or we get docked in QA. A little background, my company is an outsourced call center supporting another company. Well I just got this call a few seconds ago and it sort of blows my mind. The employees of this company know this spiel its in our contract to SAY it.

Me: Thank you for calling my name is Darrien, may I have your employee ID number please?
                *Call continues as normally but hes obviously having attitude issues as hes not very pleasant as apparently the previous rep for his issue was not competent or did not know to look up the issue*

Seriously how exactly is asking for that first rude or am I missing point?

I'm presuming that they only asked your name again after you'd already told them was supposed to be a form of sarcasm?? Or were they just an idiot as well?

You could always respond with "I'm sorry sir - I'm only allowed to take your name and ID number - not your shit!"
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Yes it was his way of griping about the order I asked things.

Comment

For starters, yeah, you already gave him your name, so I'm not understanding why he'd have asked twice like a cockburger. Second, no, you weren't rude. You were trying to acquire your information in the way you are supposed to. Third, if he KNOWS and he even stated "I know thats what your told to do but its rude," then that's him being a complete ass. Lastly...

Me: Very well, I wonder if I might talk to your supervisor? Do you think he'll find it rude? You know, especially since I'm doing my job?

What an ass.
                    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

He was the rude one. Some people have an attitude problem, and some are on a power trip or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X