Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you like some tea with that sugar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eee, I'd die of diabetic shock and I'm not diabetic!

I always hated tea. So recently a manager fixed me a cup of this really spicy, aromatic tea at work. I winced and nearly vomited at it. She asked me if I ever put cream or sugar in tea and I said no. So I put in a cream and started experimenting with the sugar, which remarkably did improve the flavor....but it took six sugars before it was truly drinkable to me.

Guess I'll never be drinking tea again then....ruin my health....

Comment

How much did it cost???

Comment

normally, that drink costs $3.10, but i think this particular specialty was around $4 something.

i'm picky about my sweets; that was just gross. we have people who want extra syrup AND equals/sweet and low/splenda put in it.

wtf? why not just buy a sack of sugar, grab a spoon and have at it? it would be much cheaper (same deadly result) without the wasting time of adding lemonade and tea.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth ZeoViolet View Post

Guess I'll never be drinking tea again then....ruin my health....
          OT, but you might try honey or molassas instead of sugar. Usually better for you, and can sweeten with less.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My grandmother's sweet tea was likely to put you into a diabetic coma so in the words of the Beastie Boys; "I like my sugar with coffee and cream!"
            Some people are like slinkies,
            They don't really serve a purpose,
            But they still bring a smile to your face
            When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

I never knew that Starbucks made Tea Lemonade (usually stick to Mocha Frappuccino), I'll have to try it. As for the amount of syrup the customer had added..... *shudders*

Comment

Kinda surprised Evil Queen hasn't put her two cents about this yet (sister-mine), but here's mine!

Hello, my name is RetailWorkhorse, and I am a Sugar-Addict.

Better now, I use Splenda rather than sugar and have seriously cut back about 90% of my sugar intake (for the love of Dog, why can't Pepsi make their diet soda with sucralose rather than that icky aspartame?!).

However. I use to make my chocolate milk into syrup. My hot coco would be syrup. My sweet tea? Left sugar crystals on the spoon if it cooled quick enough. I literally ate sugar out of the bag with a spoon. I ate sugar-laden chocolate bars, dumped sugar on my fruit, and ate jelly out of the jar. If it had sugar in it, I added more and ate it.

I don't have diabetes, even though I believe that sort of diet is what helped leech vitamins from my bones (which may as well be hollow, but still strong as steel). Sugar just made me a really really hard person to live with. I was mean, violent, and a real brat.

I miss the taste of a rice crispie treat, but I just can't hack the sugar in the marshmellows anymore. *Sigh* .....darn you, myswtghst, now I want a Rice crispie treat!
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

One of the first things I did on my diet - switched to unsweet tea. I'm a native Southerner, and it was HARD. But now I'm amazed to discover what iced tea actually tastes like! Because my sweet tea was colored sugar-water.

To the OP, that much sugar...gross.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                  X