Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up the order on time would be nice...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up the order on time would be nice...

Yesterday a customer order some cupcakes to be picked up at 8 PM. Well 8 came and went. At 9 PM, when I close, I had done all my cleaning shut off the lights and was wheeling my trash to the back for the night crew to toss. Well, the SC shows up, on their phone and stops me, but says nothing. She gets the hint that I want her off the phone and gives me the cat butt face look. I finally go to get the order but as I am returning form the back, SC blurts out "I'll be back I need to get some shopping done." and walks off.

Fuck. Supposed to leave 3 minutes ago, now I have to hunt the SC down. I first make several pages asking the SC to return. Well the SC never shows, so I call the MOD. He says to wait another minute or two. Fine. While I wait I face shelves, and do some other tasks. I finally give up on SC and hed up form to get the MOD card co I ccan ounch late.

Just as I get up front the SC finds me (about 15 MINUTES LATER) for their f***ing cupcakes. Now SC is rushed. I'm still getting paid so I tale my sweet time to walk back to get them. I set the them on the register is at, get MOD card, punch, return card and walk out.

Not only did the SC show an HOUR late, bit she kept me an extra 20 mins. Hope ther party was ruined.

What an entitlement whore! One of my pet peeves is tardiness. I understand that it happens to all of us from time to time but I'm talking about the chronic ones. We have some like that at my job and management never says or does anything but Dog forbid if I'm ever 5 minutes late. I'm the one who usually goes in early to make extra hours so maybe it just seems like I'm late constantly.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

try having the same thing when deliverying pizza. several situation arise

we give you an APPROX time for delivery. sometimes it gets there early (sorry I do not work for Domi-ho you do not have 30 minutes) sometimes it gets there later nothing I can do about it

1 hotels -- DO NOT go have a nice swim for 45 minutes or wander around the hotel or take advantage of the in room pron or pass out dead drunk whilst I am standing there trying to knock on your door or calling your room

2. do NOT try and scam us for free stuff because you got your order 15 minutes EARLY. we had some dried leaves for brains ACTUALLY ding us severly for getting their pizza earlier than promised. we were quoting 60 minutes delivery time (Friday night) we go it to them in 40 minutes. they got phone surveyed and complained they got their pizza LATE

3. do not go out of your house to oh say buy siding or make a car purchase or gall bladder surgery or major grocery shopping when we say we will deliver in 30 or 35 minutes.

4 NEW customers -- please remember if you live in an apt building you must give us the apt number inorder for us to deliver to you. try calling you back whist I am in front said building and you not answering your phone. getting your voice mail and back to the store I go

DO NOT complain when you have to call the store and "complain" that your pizza is late or was not delivered because YOU WERE A DUMBASS
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

In regards to the pizza comment, this also applies to student dorms. Students, who by nature, seem to think the driver can find them wherever they happen to be in the building and will gladly wait a half hour until the person finally mosies down to the front desk. Um, no. Campus barely has parking which means I'm probably in a fire zone and begging for a ticket. I rely on tips, which means waiting for you non-tippers (with a few exceptions) isn't worth it. Grow up and be ready for your pizza, dammit.

Yeah, SCs should understand pickup times. Bad enough this woman showed up late - hey, it happens. But to wander off to do other shopping was very rude. She's lucky you didn't leave.
        Last edited by bainsidhe; 04-13-2008, 06:38 PM.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          Not only did the SC show an HOUR late, bit she kept me an extra 20 mins. Hope her party was ruined.

Yeah, her hungry friends can yell at her when she gets to it. And she can't yell back too much either.
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

We had to deliver to a local private high-school (read - pack of little $@!+$ - and yes, I was a private schooly myself...) -oh - it was a boarding school as well....

Always hated it when we got there well within time, but they couldn't be bothered waiting for us. Unfortunately, policy said we had to wait for the full 30 mins as quoted...grrr. couple of times they got there right as I was leaving.

Oh - and then they try the dodgey coupon thing.. I brought a couple back from turning them down Manager hated that place as well - so it was all good
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

When I worked bakery, I watched my supervisor "R" decorate a beautiful cake. She said the woman was supposed to pick it up later that day for a party. I made a note about it in my notepad and continued on with my work.
              7pm, closing time, rolls around and there's no lady. Several other customers had already come in and picked up their cakes but this one hadn't showed yet.

I told a co-worker on Cashier duty (he used to work in the deli next to bakery) about the lady not showing up and he told his supervisor for me since mine had already left for the day. The cake was stored in the walk-in freezer and I went home.

The lady does finally come in to get her cake. A WEEK LATE.
              Last edited by Evil Queen; 04-13-2008, 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling, there/their/they're
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

i started delivering pizza recently, so i actually got lady look surprised when i got there 12 minutes early. I laughed and said actually the valley average is 23 minutes most of the country it is 30 though but some times its more or less.

Comment

Working...
                X