This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Primer View Post
    We also have the really pretty yellow argiope (sp?) spiders that make the HUGE webs and love to eat grasshoppers!
    Is this the spider you were talking about?
    Quoth Primer View Post
    In any case, if they stay outside and out of my way, I'll leave 'em alone, but once they get inside the house, they're toast!
    Me too. Any bug, unless it's something obviously benign like a ladybug, gets smooshed if it invades my home. I've heard too many ugly stories about black widows and brown recluses to take any chances.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Black widows aren't the worst of the widow clan. But they get vacuumed if I spot 'em. Don't like widows. They squick me out.

The one bug I won't have anything to do with, however is the Jerusalem cricket. *shudder*
      And then there's his creepier cousin.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Daddy Longlegs are the only spiders allowed in my house. I was raised to think certain spiders were good luck, but the way I look at it, the Longlegs family leaves me and mine alone, and kills any bugs/icky spiders that do come in. Plus they take hints when I wave the broom at them to get out of the way so I can clean up the corpses.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

[QUOTE=Metody;308355]If she was bitten by a brown recluse, she would have had a huge, nasty area of OMG!FuckingBAD! on her.QUOTE]

I had never heard of the brown recluse until I moved to the midwest and was promptly bitten by one while re-arranging furniture.

I had no clue what was going on, I left the bite untreated for weeks (super phobic about Doctors offices). Now I have a permanent scar the size of a silver dollar on my shin and a spider phobia as well.
          Tamezin

Comment

Working...
          X