This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact Tags, Not sure if this is sucky

I work in a shoe department of a sporting goods store now, and on the endcaps are some display shoes. These display shoes have "Fact tags" on them, that say the Name and brand of the shoe, aisle the shoe is on, and the price of the shoe. All of the shoes are arranged by price along an aisle.

So the fact tag would say somthing like this:
    Skechers Rockin, Mens Casual, 54.99

That means that you would go to the Men's Casual aisle, and to the 54.99 price point on that aisle, and the shoe called "Rockin" would be one of the ones marked at that price. The tag basically tells you EXACTLY where the shoe is on the aisle.

or

Nike View II, Women's Walking, 54.99

Which means you would go to the Women's walking aisle, go to the 54.99 price point, and it would be one of the shoes marked at that price.

One of the most common quetstions I get is "Where is this shoe located?" I have been trying to teach people how to read them, but after a while this does get annoying. It's not complicated. It's VERY easy. It basically points you to exactly where you need to go, if only they would read the little tags attached to the shoe instead of just looking at the shoe.

Yes, I know I'm there to help, and I don't really mind, but it bothers me the sheer number of people who ask this same question.

I would love your store-shoes sorted by price heaven !!!!!

no more finding an adorable shoe and then fainting at the price.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      I would love your store-shoes sorted by price heaven !!!!!

no more finding an adorable shoe and then fainting at the price.
      *sigh* Women...

*flee*
      Some people are like slinkies,
      They don't really serve a purpose,
      But they still bring a smile to your face
      When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

You have to remember that that requires the customers to help themselves.

Now how often does that happen?
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          You have to remember that that requires the customers to help themselves.

Now how often does that happen?
          And to actually READ.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

While reading the description I did think "um, where's the $54.99 spot on the aisle?" That doesn't strike me as immediately obvious.

But, having the aisle numbers and then if they shoes STAY SORTED by price on the aisle before the SCs get their grubby paws on them ... then I think I'd figure out fairly quickly that they are sorted.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Sorting by price isn't common around here, so I'd have no clue, unless the ailse were well marked. Still could be annoying for you though.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ruby! I haven't seen you in aaages~! (In fact you probably don't even remember me XD)

I think the shoe stores where I live are sorted by price as well. It can get a little confusing, but it really doesn't take that long to figure it out. I guess people take one look at the rows of shoes and decide there's no possible way that anyone could find what they're looking for there. : P

Even worse though are the people who refuse to ask and just wander around looking lost- even if I admit I'm one of those.

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                  Ruby! I haven't seen you in aaages~! (In fact you probably don't even remember me XD)

I think the shoe stores where I live are sorted by price as well. It can get a little confusing, but it really doesn't take that long to figure it out. I guess people take one look at the rows of shoes and decide there's no possible way that anyone could find what they're looking for there. : P

Even worse though are the people who refuse to ask and just wander around looking lost- even if I admit I'm one of those.
                  I remember you. I'm surprised anyone remembers me at all.

I've been really busy with both my new job and with college, so I haven't been able to get on much at all. Also, while my new job isn't completely free of SCs, I'm not a cashier anymore, and that's cut down tremendously on my SC stories.

As I mentioned before, at my old job, I had to do price matches, and people would throw fits when they couldn't price match what they wanted. The management gave me rules, and I followed them to the letter, and then they told me they didn't like all those people being upset, even though they're the ones who set the rules. At my new job my boss wrote into my evaluation that I have excellent customer service skills.

The only problem I've really run into at the new job is that people constantly try to climb the ladders when they're not supposed to. I've begun to simply walk past and pretend I don't see it though. The ladders are clearly marked for employee use only in two languages, so if they fall on their butts, or heads, it's not really the store's fault. The last time I said something was when I saw a child climbing the ladder. The mother screamed at me that I should mind my own business and she told him to climb up there.

When I would warn people, they always snap back with extremely bad attitudes like that, or make snarky comments about how they know how to climb ladders, they worked in a warehouse, etc.

So I just have given up, because I don't want to get yelled at or snapped at anymore for trying to tell them something for their safety.

One thing they may not know is that the ladders there are, for the most part, a little wobbly and not the best quality ladders, unless its the big rolling ladder. We've already had at least two employees get injured on those ladders.

Comment

I know your pain. Oh how I know your pain.
                    I work at Ikea and in our showroom every display item has a tag on it telling you where in the store you can find this item.
                    Furniture items will say Self Serve Aisle X Bin X.
                    What that means is simple: go downstairs to the GIGANTIC self serve warehouse, find the very clearly marked asiles that are marked by big red numbers on the ends of each aisle, then walk down the aisle and find the bin number, located on the shelves in numerical order.

How many times do you think I get asked how to find something?
                    And I'm a cashier. I truly feel sorry for the people who actually work in self serve who have to deal with these stupid questions day in and day out.
                    I've worked in self serve a few times and the amount of stupid questions I got was staggering, but at least it was nice to answer a different kind of stupid question than the ones I often get at cash.
                    It was also nice to be able to look at the long cash lines and breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't have to deal with them.

So while things like this may not be sucky it sure as hell is annoying and can make you want to rip out your hair after repeating yourself a dozen times a day.

Ok, no more thread jacking, I promise.

Comment

Thanks rerant. I think a lot of people just have some sort of trouble with reading comprehension on these things. It's somehow too complicated for them even though it tells them exactly where to go.

Comment

I'm sure that in some cases, they can't read what the tags say. It's depressing how many illiterate people get pushed through the school system just so the schools can make their funding.

For the rest of them, I'd be willing to bet that most are just intellectually lazy. They saw the sign, they know what the sign said, they just don't want to have to do the minimal mental work to figure out how that sign relates to the locations.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X