X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because it's Easter?

Because it's Easter?

As I was finishing up earlier tonight a lady walked in.

SC: What are your hours tomorrow?
    ME: We're closed ma'am.
    SC: All day?
    ME: Yes. We open up at 9 am on Monday.
    SC: But why?
    ME: It's Easter Sunday.
    SC: But what about us customers that need our clothes clean for Monday?
    ME: You probably should have done them today.

She didn't say anything else and retraced her steps back out the door.

I feel bad for the kids.

I was outside having a smoky treat last night when I noticed something whiz by me inside the store. I turned around to see a child of about 7 or 8 pushing his younger (maybe 4 year old) brother in one of our wheeled laundry carts. Their mom was oblivious to this even though she was sitting in the front corner seats blissfully jabbering away on her cell. I walked over to her.

ME: Ma’am, could you ask him to stop. Those carts aren’t to be played with.
    SC: (phone still to her ear) JOHNNY, STOP IT! (never glancing up, continues her conversation)

Of course Little Johnny listens as well as any parentally neglected 7 year old and continues making figure 8's around the laundry, his little brother blissfully making siren sounds as he leans out the front of the cart.

I stepped in front of them and gave Little Johnny my patented Father Death Glare©™ and he stopped, grabbed his brother from the cart and went and sat next to mom. I feel bad for the kids and for the person who she was talking to who had their ear blown off when Mother of the Year yelled into the cell.

Happy Easter fellow CSers.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 03-23-2008, 03:33 AM. Reason: fixing code
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Jim - this type of mother would be the first one raising hell if her little crotch-spawn was injured in one of those cart races.

Had one doing that in my dad's laundromat. Asked them to stop. They wouldn't. Asked mom to make them stop, she glared at me. Kid falls out and starts wailing. Of course, she comes up to yell at ME for not MAKING her kid get out of it the first time.

Yeah lady, it was MY fault.

I'm glad I was a surly teenager back then. I gave her the patented 'surly teenager' eye roll and went back to cleaning the machines.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Ah, good ol' parental responsibility, it would appear these days it comes out in the wash or is discarded with the placenta.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I remember my first Easter here. Easter is the last "Day Off" I will see till the gardening season ends in June, but I do have to stop by and water the plants.

That first Easter I made the mistake of stopping there at our normal Sunday opening time. I had over 20 people asking; "Are you open?", "Can you open up for me?", "Can I just pay you?", and then there way the best one of all.

This guy actually got mad, "If you are going to be closed on Easter, you should advertise you will be closed on Easter!!!!"
        Last edited by Dark Psion; 03-24-2008, 05:12 AM.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

We had our own Easter related hijinks. I said a million times yesterday "No sir, no ma'am, we cannot do a delivery tomorrow, it's Easter Sunday. Why? Because all the florists are closed for Easter Sunday. Why can't we do one tonight? Because it's nine at freaking night and every florist in the world is closed to sleep.. go home, have a life.. you should have ordered earlier if you needed delivery today.. no ma'am, our same day delivery guarantee does not apply once the florist is close, no ma'am I cannot force them to reopen just for you.." and so on. I went home and drank.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I had a customer call yesterday to ask if we were open today. The manager heard me, and rolled her eyes when she heard me say, no, i'm sorry we're closed. So she said somehting when I got off the phone, but I then told her the customer actually said, good, i'm glad, you SHOULD be closed tomorrow!

That was quite a surprise from what we ususally get! We are open other holidays, Memorial Day, 4th of July, New Years Day, but ususally close early. Its amazing how many customers piss and moan about it.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              So she said somehting when I got off the phone, but I then told her the customer actually said, good, i'm glad, you SHOULD be closed tomorrow!
              You know, surprisingly enough, I had mostly totally NON-sucky customers yesterday at work. At least five of them THANKED me for being open and working on Easter! (As we know, normally they would EXPECT it of us.)

Comment

it really pissed me off that wal mart closed on easter, you can't tell me a store that size doesn't have enough atheists to run a skeleton crew(half of the cart pushers at my store would have showed up)

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
                  You know, surprisingly enough, I had mostly totally NON-sucky customers yesterday at work. At least five of them THANKED me for being open and working on Easter! (As we know, normally they would EXPECT it of us.)
                  My friendly neighbourhood sweet old lady dropped by with chocolate bunnies, but only for those of us who were at work on Easter Monday.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                    it really pissed me off that wal mart closed on easter, you can't tell me a store that size doesn't have enough atheists to run a skeleton crew(half of the cart pushers at my store would have showed up)
                    Huh? All the ones here were open.

It's kind of like a game guessing who's going to be open on Easter and who isn't.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                      Wow. That attitude really surprises me on this forum. I'm atheist, and I use easter as a day to see my family. Just because you don't actually celebrate Easter, doesn't mean you should be stuck working. It's a national holiday, and all stores SHOULD be closed. So you're saying Wal mart should be open on Thanskgiving and Christmas as well?
                      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Huh? All the ones here were open.

It's kind of like a game guessing who's going to be open on Easter and who isn't.
                        are they supercenters? division 1s close more than supercenters

Quoth Kyree View Post
                        Wow. That attitude really surprises me on this forum. I'm atheist, and I use easter as a day to see my family. Just because you don't actually celebrate Easter, doesn't mean you should be stuck working. It's a national holiday, and all stores SHOULD be closed. So you're saying Wal mart should be open on Thanskgiving and Christmas as well?
                        why not work on a holiday you don't celebrate? it's practically free money on a day that would be that slow

I wish they would open for Thanksgiving and Christmas and give me OT for Black Friday and Christmas eve. I would voluntarily work every day from thanksgiving eve through christmas and just be happy to have the OT pay. $18/hr to push carts?(that's time and a half) hell yea

I could take the OT pay and go to amsterdam or something when i start getting paid vacation
                        Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-29-2008, 04:40 AM. Reason: multi-quote

Comment

The Walmart Super Center is open in my town on both Thanksgiving and Easter..
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                            this type of mother would be the first one raising hell if her little crotch-spawn was injured in one of those cart races.
                            Calling the children "crotch-spawn" is harsh and uncalled for.
                            It's not the child's fault that the parent is an idiot, so why call them nasty names?
                            Quoth Kyree View Post
                            Wow. That attitude really surprises me on this forum.
                            Just a reminder, if you have an issue with the comments of a poster, report the post and don't bicker in the thread.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy
                              why not work on a holiday you don't celebrate? it's practically free money on a day that would be that slow
                              There's your answer right there. If it's going to be "that slow" then it's more financially advantageous to be closed.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X