This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to chime in...

I've always understood midday to be noon to be 12pm. I've always explained to our customers that peak time is midday to midnight, and there's never been any question of "what time is midday?"

Probably a regional/country thing. I'm in South Australia.

Comment

I is a suspecting the same thing... I checked my 2 dictionaries, (and the net) - and although 'midday' is a definite and precise time, one dictionary did mention the more vaguer term of 'between 11 and 3' - or so..... But 5pm?? I'd figure that's a bit of a stretch, personally....

Just one of those cultural things that we have to be aware of I spose......

Oh - the customer was a naturalised Aussie - as in, seemed to be used to the place, but stil had the thick accent (european).

Sort of relating to the topic - I heard that the French are wanting to opt for metric time scales now... I hope that's just a really bad rumour/folk tale.....
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
        I hope that's just a really bad rumour/folk tale.....
        I would imagine so, can you imagine trying to reprogramme every computer system in the world, all the weapons defence sytems, GPS etc etc ad infinitum
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Someone purchased a weekend pass.
          Too me that says locals and tourists will be visiting.

The person had what sounded like an accent to you . . .they may not speak the same English.

I recognize that to you midday is the opposite 12 hr of midnight. But, with the first asking of "yes, but what time" let alone a second it should click that midday is not 12noon to them.

I understand it is frustrating when you go over and over the same question. But, when you are providing information it usually mean a miscommunication not an SC. Until around the 4 round and then attitudes enter the round.

Comment

Working...
          X