This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aethian View Post
    And as a personal pet peeve I hate when something sticks or get delivered to the wrong house and people write all over the letter. When all it needs it a sticky or even just the flag raised on the box with no writing left on the mail piece. That usually means we look at it when we get it and face palm cause of the stupid mistake.
    I really don't care if it makes me sucky, but with the amount of mail I get that isn't mine, there's no way that I'm going to put sticky notes on them. That's involve wayy too much money.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
      I really don't care if it makes me sucky, but with the amount of mail I get that isn't mine, there's no way that I'm going to put sticky notes on them. That's involve wayy too much money.
      Use a scrap piece of paper then? If your getting that much mail that isn't yours call the po before 9:30 and ask to talk to a carrier supervisor of your zip code. Most often they will talk to the carrier right then and there and hopefully/maybe get the problem resolved. Best to do it when other carriers are around because it's not good to get the peer pressure laugh when another carrier has been doing stupid.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
        Fortunetely, the USPS (where the family returned it to) apparently looked it up or something and dropped it off at my PO Box a few days later -- not only was my PO box not listed on the package, the company that was shipping it didn't even have it! I asked the postal company how they got it to me, and they outright said "I have no idea".
        My wife works for the post office and I asked her that once. She told me that as long as they have a name and a zip code, they can deliver it.

Comment

Our mailman is the type, that just sits and chats with a few people on my street. On my days off, I could drive past him on the way to the store. Come driving by about 45 minutes later, and he is at the same house. I recently received a bill that was due that day before a certain time. And they sent it 2 weeks before and I am just getting it the day it is due. And the company is 2 towns over, which would take about an hour to drive too.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

A little OT, but I know all about customers with unreal expectations.

SC: My appointment was supposed to be between 11-1! It's 2pm now! Where's my tech! GRAAAAAA!
            ME: Well I just spoke to the tech, maam, and his truck broke down about an hour from your home. We're currently working to get another technician out but it's not looking good. We may just have to reschedule for tomorrow.
            SC: That's ridiculous! Blarghy blargh, why's he late?!?!?
            ME: ....his truck broke down?
            SC: I don't care! I want my money back!
            ME: Okay, well we can cancel the appointment and refund you your money, if that's what your prefer.
            SC: NO! I want my service free because he was late!
            ME:

Needless to say, I told her to 'sod off'...just not in so many words.
            Some people are like slinkies,
            They don't really serve a purpose,
            But they still bring a smile to your face
            When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              Our mailman is the type, that just sits and chats with a few people on my street. On my days off, I could drive past him on the way to the store. Come driving by about 45 minutes later, and he is at the same house. I recently received a bill that was due that day before a certain time. And they sent it 2 weeks before and I am just getting it the day it is due. And the company is 2 towns over, which would take about an hour to drive too.
              Postal carriers are required to take a certain amount of time on their rounds, even if they can do them faster. I believe that's so that they don't reach certain locations too early, but I really have no idea of why or how it's worked out, only that more than one person who worked in the post office has mentioned this. One actually got in trouble for being too fast.

And the 2 week thing is most likely the fault of one of the post offices and not the carrier. As I mentioned, my work's post office does stuff like that all the time. We regularly get notices for auctions (that get sent out about two weeks prior to the auction date) the day of or the day after the auction happened. My company has actually filed a number of complaints against that office, but while they've replaced the postmaster a few times, nothing has changed.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                My wife works for the post office and I asked her that once. She told me that as long as they have a name and a zip code, they can deliver it.

It's pretty much what I was assuming. Once they sent it to the zip code, it's a small town so they post office actually gives us mail even if the address is really messed up. With me having a PO box and a street address, they probably find me easier

Now had they put my full zipcode on it I wouldn't of thought anything of it. My zip+4 goes only to my PO box (the +4 is my box number, so zip+4 gets to me even if everything else is wrong )

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Postal carriers are required to take a certain amount of time on their rounds, even if they can do them faster. I believe that's so that they don't reach certain locations too early, but I really have no idea of why or how it's worked out, only that more than one person who worked in the post office has mentioned this. One actually got in trouble for being too fast.

^-.-^
                  It's the mail count I mentioned. They literally count every piece of mail per carrier and assign a value to each piece (and during the slowest possible mail time, you'll never see a mail count near Christmas, Mothers Day or any time catalogs regularly come out). If it's determined that it takes X amount of time to do their route based on the count that's what they're paid for and no more. Heaven forbid some day's it takes less time. That would mean they're getting paid too much.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                  ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                    It's the mail count I mentioned. They literally count every piece of mail per carrier and assign a value to each piece (and during the slowest possible mail time, you'll never see a mail count near Christmas, Mothers Day or any time catalogs regularly come out). If it's determined that it takes X amount of time to do their route based on the count that's what they're paid for and no more. Heaven forbid some day's it takes less time. That would mean they're getting paid too much.
                    They want to move our MSP's to ever half hour to find out where we go over at because we just must be doing something wrong between two points. Got vetoed cause it would put some msp's in dangerous places like in the middle of a 55 (everyone goes 70) road or in the middle of the hill where no one can see you in either direction.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      I'm not waiting through the ad or subscribing, so I don't know that story.
                      Well, there's no ad that I can see to wait through and you don't need to subscribe....but here:

Albuquerque Journal
                      Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Carrier Spotted Dumping Mail

By Jim Snyder
                      Journal Staff Writer

It could have been the Grinch, getting a head start.
                      A man and his wife told sheriff's deputies they saw a U.S. postal worker on Monday dump mail into a drainage ditch near the Rio Grande in the South Valley, Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White said.
                      "He drove right by and tossed those envelopes. ... He saw us after he tossed them. He really got surprised," said Donald Garcia, who was fishing with his wife, Jeanette.
                      Garcia, who was fishing near the Rio Bravo bridge about 5:30 p.m., then went into the ditch and recovered the mail— 15 Christmas, birthday and sympathy cards.
                      Each of the cards had been opened, White said, adding that the alleged postal worker "was probably looking for cash."
                      The postal worker, who approached the Garcias, was "really scared and begging for the mail back," White said the couple reported.
                      "I told him he'd better leave," Garcia said, after refusing to take the postal worker's hand when he offered to help Garcia out of the ditch.
                      Once the worker realized he was not going to get the mail back, he got into a white U.S. Postal Service truck and backed all the way out of the area so the couple could not read the truck number, Garcia said.
                      The man in the truck was described as a Hispanic man, 175 pounds, 5-foot-10 and wearing a gray T-shirt and blue jeans.
                      "This is a case of a real-life Grinch who tried to steal Christmas," White said.
                      The case, including the soaked cards, was turned over to U.S. Postal Service inspectors.
                      "The postal inspectors thought it wouldn't be too difficult to track down who this mail carrier was," White said.
                      Messages left for Sam Bolen, the U.S. Postal Service spokesman for Albuquerque, were not immediately returned Monday night.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Well, there's no ad that I can see to wait through and you don't need to subscribe....but here: *snip snip*
                        Actually when I went to go look at the article I had to sign up and then do a survey to even see it. So is this a hometown article for you?

Comment

Working...
                        X