Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been invited to a couple of those, arrived to the first one late, and saw how they were acting in the establishment and just turned around and left. No way in hell I wanted to be associated with that. Bride called me later to find out where I was, well, she's my friend right? I was honest. AND automatically UNinvited from the wedding.

The second one I didn't even bother going to. Blamed an imaginary babysitter.

My sister's is coming up this summer....I am so very, very scared, cause I *have* to go......but I've already put my foot down as far as behavior, so I guess I'm the designated Miss Manners on this one, (not to mention the Designated Driver).
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I've been to one bachelorette party. My own.

We went to a comedy club and just had a good time. I don't drink, but I did get singled out by one of the comics 'cause I was getting married. It's a law, or something.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Heh. I don't remember most of my bachelorette party. CRS or something. Yeah, that's it.
        Every bachelorette party I've been to, we were all a bunch of drunken ninnies, but not entitlement whores.
        "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

not to you know start a religion bashing season, but anyone here ever been to mormon hen party? silly games, sherbert with sprite (yes Singles ward was telling the truth) naughty night gowns that gasp show arm and leg, maybe some naughty underwear and cooking stuff, towels, pans, pots, knifes, pot holders and more. last one i went to i was 18, my cousin mim was having one before her wedding. I was so bored i wishi could dirnk fyq 21 now and still havent had the chance to be currupted

Comment

Quoth TequilaSunrise View Post
            Every bachelorette party I've been to, we were all a bunch of drunken ninnies, but not entitlement whores.
            Same here. But people never cease to amaze me. They're the type of group to know that there is a group of dumbasses at every establishment, but they're not sure why they've never seen them.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              I was so bored i wishi could dirnk fyq 21 now and still havent had the chance to be currupted
              If you're in the South FL area, Jester ,me and the South Floridian CSers could help with you with that.
              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-10-2008, 06:53 PM.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

sorry arizona ive had one boarder guard offer to take me to mexico, and ive had one ren fest lover tell all about ale

Comment

The one bachelorette party that I've been to was at someone's house. There were two reasons: one silly party games & favors that won't bother other people (mmm, novelty white chocolate umm lollipops) and it was a lingerie party.

I don't go to clubs to drink. Now I know why. *shudder*
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I like your manager. If I was working a job like that, I would play favorites and let the ones who I knew if they became managers would act like assholes, fend for themselves while standing up for the ones who actually tried.
                    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      not to you know start a religion bashing season, but anyone here ever been to mormon hen party? silly games, sherbert with sprite (yes Singles ward was telling the truth) naughty night gowns that gasp show arm and leg, maybe some naughty underwear and cooking stuff, towels, pans, pots, knifes, pot holders and more. last one i went to i was 18, my cousin mim was having one before her wedding. I was so bored i wishi could dirnk fyq 21 now and still havent had the chance to be currupted
                      ok 2 things, never been to a mormon bacheleret party (nor am I very likely to ) but you know, I always thought singles ward was greatly exagerrating... until I moved to utah... (and yes, I know my spelling is bad, deal with it)
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I have hosted one wedding shower (what we call hen parties up here) for my niece (Hawaiian theme) and never had one when I got married. My mom figured I had just had a baby shower two years previous, and we didn't have attendants at our wedding and I didn't want to have a party just as a gift grab, so I asked not to have one (We even told people in our wedding invites that gifts were unnecessary and asked them to donate to a charity of their choice - I'd already lived on my own for six years, and had everything I needed).

I've never been to one held in a restaurant or club. All the ones I've ever been to for family or friends have been held at home, and everyone has behaved with absolute decorum and good manners (we have fun, but we're not rowdy, and we don't drink tons).
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                        X