This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startin' 'em young

Hope I'm not posting too much. Everything on here reminds me of another story to tell.

So I'm working in Toys, by the video games. Mom, Dad, and bratty little douchekid come in. They want to buy some Xbox games. Cool.
    They let the kid look through them, and he picks out a few. They tell him he can have two. (Two $60 games.) Kid pitches a fit. Whines incessantly about how he wants three games. Holy crap, kid. I was thrilled when my parents bought me one game for my birthday.

So, of course, in classic style, the parents cave and buy this little jerk his three games. Way to raise a well balanced kid.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Lovely. I'm sure that little fella will be a productive memeber of society, all right...

Comment

Just ads to my belief that abortion should not only be legal, sometimes it should be mandatory...and in a few case, retro-active.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Just ads to my belief that abortion should not only be legal, sometimes it should be mandatory...and in a few case, retro-active.
        Oh my do I ever agree with that.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          Hope I'm not posting too much.
          I don't think that term has any relevance on the internet. Is there such a thing?

I think it's quality, not quantity that matters.
          Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Man, parents that enable that behavior in kids piss me off. If that was my kid pitching fits and whining like a spoiled brat, oh believe me I WILL give him something to whine about.
            Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-11-2008, 09:57 PM.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Ditto.

I think you should also have a special license that allows you to have kids. Like, go through court or something to PROVE that you're smart enough to spawn.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Wow. I used to wonder about things during my Media Play days. I mean, I'm making minimum wage and someone buys a game for their offspring which costs more than I would make during my entire shift. But how often did they buy just ONE game? Around Christmas time, parents would buy the new PSP (new at that time) along with a few PSP movies and a few PSP games. Oh wait, let's not forget the accessory items. Then they'd sigh about how they had two more stops before they could cross little Johnny off their list. All I can say is...save for college. Put some of that money in a college savings account and let that money accrue over time. It will be worth a lot more than whatever short-term enjoyment your child gets from the most recent blockbuster. Hell, wait a couple months. That blockbuster will be half the price. ~vent off~
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Damn. I'm 40 and thrilled when I can get a new PS3 game. Like Vice City 4 coming out for my b day.
                  GFY

Comment

I was happy to get a matchbox car or book myself. $60 games. yeesh.

Comment

Ugh!

If I or my brother had pulled that crap, that's a guarantee that we'd be getting no games at all.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

First, there's no such thing as posting too much. And, if you post a long rant, DON'T APOLOGIZE! Take a bow!

OK, that said: those parents must be retail managers.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Ugh, if I'd ever done that my grandmother would have marched me home without anything.

Sadly, this seems to be a tactic parents avoid, now.

Comment

More reasons why I'm loving why we only stock the Nintendo DS, and only get the games out when they're in our catalogues, and of course that they target my brand at Females. We still sell a limited range of child's toys outside of the ridiculous quantities we get during the Christmas Season, but I'm just glad that I don't need to witness any of this kind of crap.

Piss weak parenting (Many of my parents friends seem to be going this way) really does give me the shits, especially when that same kind of parenting is combined with bubblewrapping the hell out of children. Your going to end up with a large amount of fat, very lazy kids living with their parents until their 20s or 30s in the next decade or two.
                            - Boochan

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                              Man, parents that enable that behavior in kids piss me off. If that was my kid pitching fits and whining like a spoiled brat, oh believe me I WILL give him something to whine about.
                              If that were my kid (speaking as a non-parent) he would see how fast two could become zero.

SC
                              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                              X