This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary shoe salesman!

So I went to a fancy-schmancy expensive department store for a new pair of work shoes... I usually where vans or chucks (or my ginormous black leaher boots if I'm out and about on my motorcycle), so this is an adventure for me...

I have a personal issues with men who sell shoes on commission for a living. I'm sure that most of them are great people, but they usually creep me out and remind me of serial killers. They make me uncomfortable in the same way that many girls get uncomfortable with their regular ob/gyn getting replaced without notice by a male nurse with big hands.

So on with the story... I've decided on my shoe of choice and the nearest salesperson is a man who is already helping 3 other customers. I didn't see any other salespersons so I waited patiently for my turn. The guy took about 15-20 minutes getting my shoes after asking which pair I wanted, then he nearly threw them at me after taking another 15 minutes finding them. He hardly so much as grunted at me when I tried to say thank you (you know, with the making a point to not look me in the face like I'm the most foul person he's ever had the displeasure of having to help try on shoes). I didn't like the shoes and wanted to try another pair, but he had disappeared in the back room and had been gone for a long time. I got bored and started wandering around picking out other shoes that I would want to try on, when I stumbled upon another salesperson. A very nice lady who was very helpful and would retrieve what I asked for in a reasonable time frame. The scary foot-man finally came out of the stock room and realized I had been so savagely stolen from him by this heinous bitch of a woman.
    SFM proceeds to scream at the nice lady for supposedly stealing his customer and blah blah blah. I felt really bad when the woman came back over to me, so I apologized to her and explained why I had come over. She told me not to worry, he does that ALL the time apparently.

I understand that you work on commission and that's your lively-hood... but must you create a scene in front of other customers to further prove you are a creepy d-bag?

P.S. I only had him seek me out one pair of shoes. So it's not like I had made him my bitch, then trotted off to someone else... The woman I went to helped me out with ten different pairs of shoes (I'm a girl, I can't help my shoe-lust!!) ... I think she deserves the gold star, not him.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Wow, what an ass. If you want the sale, you actually have to try. Duh.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I would have been tempted to tell him point-blank, "No, I'd greatly prefer this nice lady here to help me, since you're being a rude [insert expletive of your choice]."
      You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Clearly, the guy was trying to hog all the customers while giving each crappy service. Too bad for him. Can't properly serve a customer, LOSE the customer.

Glad to see the nice saleslady had things in hand.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Share your views, I can't stand shoe stores either.
          One of the main reasons I avoid buying shoes for as long as possible, and if so (I wear either Skate shoes or Dress Shoes) they will not be bought from a specific shoe store because I loathe that sort of irritating service. Though most of the regular shoe stores are fine.
          - Boochan

Comment

Working...
          X