Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought I'd escaped...but my poverty dragged me back.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
    No offense to any non-Americans here, but do we really seem that obsessed over 9-11? 'cause I'm not. I had no idea it was such a big deal. Or was this guy just an SC of the Australian variety? (Cause we all know they come in every nationality!)
    I keep waiting for the note that says

"Dear USA,

We express our commiseration about your terrorist problem. Welcome to the world. Now, could you please suck it up?

kthxbai,
    The Rest of the Planet"

So if 9-11 was our first real terror attack, the state of OK would like to show you the empty lot downtown.

My favorite is the wackjobs who try to claim T. McVeigh was hooked into the Great ME Terror Plot. Bh, please.

Comment

Terrorist orgs actually fund themselves with ID theft so tying it to 911 isn't too big of a stretch I guess.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
        Terrorist orgs actually fund themselves with ID theft so tying it to 911 isn't too big of a stretch I guess.
        Some do that - wouldn't surprise me to find some use dummy corporations and the stock market for their resources though.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Yeah, I don't go near major news outlets, either.

It's not about journalism anymore. It's all about sensationalism.
          http://www.jibjab.com/originals/what_we_call_the_news
          hehehehehehe
          What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
            Some do that - wouldn't surprise me to find some use dummy corporations and the stock market for their resources though.
            Someone sold a lot of stocks short on 911 before the attacks. Terror orgs fund themselves in everyway that the mafia would.

Comment

Well, I guess if you weren't directly involved in 9-11, then there's no reason to be 'obsessed' about it.

However, there were actually ALOT of people who were 'directly' involved...including Rudy. That city that was invaded, and destroyed...well..yeah, I think I'd still be obsessed.....7 years later. People DIED that day....um hello. How can you forget? I'm not saying that things don't happen every day that are tragic, or that everyday life isn't stressful, but c'mon. Did you lose a parent, a husband, or wife, a sister, a mom, a dad, a brother during 9-11??? Ok then. I have a friend that's a firefighter in NY, so yeah.....I'm still obsessed with 9-11. Our lives have been changed forever over that one tiny incident.

Comment

i may not have been directly involved, but i didn't forget the horrors it left behind. does it color my opinions of others (specifically, since they're the 'target' we've chosen, despite terrorism can wear ANY face, middle eastern peoples). no; hatred doesn't limit itself to one background/ethnicity/nationality. much like any other form of unreasonable thinking, it spans humanity.

ok, enough fratching fodder.

i guess the aussie man has never heard of id theft, which was long into practice before 9/11. wonder what he'll have to say when it happens to him; any bets on how 'it's x fault that x didn't protect me?'

yep.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                X