Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went off Effexor cold turkey when I was dealing with a bad bout of Norwalk virus several years ago. I experienced "brain zaps/shivers" as result of withdrawl that were extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully they've pretty much disappeared, although I still occasionally experience them.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

The yawns are back. I think it's Lamictal.

AT least they aren't constant.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
        The yawns are back. I think it's Lamictal.

AT least they aren't constant.
        Lamotrigine made my seizures worse >.<

I need to change my meds soon and I think the local neurologist is disinterested.
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

An unexpected side-effect: what Ultram treats is a list of things the insurance my mother is trying to get immediately disqualifies me. At least the guy is trying to find a loophole.

EDIT: Seems once he was able to show there was a source to the pain and my body wasn't trying to tell me I had cancer or something--I dunno--then it was fine.
          Last edited by Cooper; 09-09-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Effexor = Icky

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
            I went off Effexor cold turkey when I was dealing with a bad bout of Norwalk virus several years ago. I experienced "brain zaps/shivers" as result of withdrawl that were extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully they've pretty much disappeared, although I still occasionally experience them.
            Oh my gosh! I'm not the only one who feels fizz-pops? If I'm over an hour late with my Effexor I feel it, damn I feel it. My psychologist told me it's THE worst one to use just because of the w/d side effects. Kind of does a good job but if you have to change meds it's messed up. Doc and I discussed the side effects as chat, but she has heard of the zaps lasting over a year for people getting off the drug. Daaaymn. God forbid that this stops working on my neurons and I have to change meds.

Cooper, I hope you're feeling good today.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Actually, I'm feeling a new potential side effect from Ultram. My fingers are tingly. But I might also be sick. I'm very warm and kinda dizzy.

I'm keeping an eye on it. If it doesn't disappear in a few days I'm approaching my doctor about it. Which is too bad, since Ultram works wonderfully.

Comment

Working...
              X