This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another noob

Hi everyone... got to this forum through some random surfing... signed up so I could read the church lady saga. I've never worked retail, but have worked food service and in a call center. I've been out of customer service for 6+ years. I'll mostly be here to read the funny stuff you all post and to learn how to be a better non-sucky customer.

what killed CS for me was my time in the call center. It was inbound only for a credit monitoring service (think freecreditreport.com but offered by your credit card company). So everyone who called me fit into one of the following categories:

1: curious about why they were sent a notification about changes to their credit report
    2: sucky credit, pissed off that they were denied credit and wanted to know why
    3: victim of fraud/identity theft... understandably pissed
    4: trying to cancel the service and livid that they were charged monthly once the "trial period" was over
    5: trying to cancel somebody else's service so that they can commit credit fraud against that person.

so, basically I spent 8.5 hours per day getting yelled at by pissed off people.

now I'm in software and systems engineering... much better.

welcome to the nuthouse

and don't worry about being "new" =)
    everyone was new at one point.

Comment

to

If you keep reading, it'll bring back memories... so you'll be compelled to share your tales of woe... which means you'll be sticking around... yay!!
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
      X