This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I was a mild SC.

In Zellers (think: Target, the Canadian version.Sort of) the other day with my mother and decided to purchase some silver flats.
    So I'm at the check-out and decided to get some cash back. $20 to be exact.
    The cashier rings through my shoes which came to $10 more than I thought, but no matter, that was my mistake.
    When it comes time to enter all the necessary debit information I noticed something: the total on the machine said $41and some change.

Me: $40? What? How much were the shoes again?
    Cashier: $19.95.
    Me: Then how do you figure that my total works out to $40?
    My mom: You're getting $20 cash back.
    Me: *feeling immensely stupid* I am SO sorry! I really shouldn't even be let out of the house sometimes.

Then as we were leaving the cashier said, "Have a nice day." To which I responded, "If I can make it through it."

So I think I was sucky for a moment, but after having my stupidity pointed out to me by my mother I redeemed myself.

You see! They're rubbing off on us!!
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

There's being sucky, and then there's having a brainfart. Don't worry about it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        There's being sucky, and then there's having a brainfart. Don't worry about it.

Rapscallion
        I agree. I love the response to "Have a nice day"

Comment

You were not being sucky. You just had a moment. I have done that before also.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I have done that. "Why is it that much?" "Because you bought that round for those people, remember?" "Oh, yeah. Duh."

The difference between US and the SC'S is that WE ask what's up, without getting up in arms about it, and when it is explained to us, we accept it. When SC'S ask what's up, they do it in a haughty holier-than-thou condescending manner, and don't apologize when it is pointed out they are wrong.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Being sucky is demanding to see a manager AFTER being told you messed up, and blaming it on the cashier!

Comment

i think what happened, is a common medical case. its called, Doufus Kiliarous. you see. when a normal person, such as yourself, repeatedly comes into contact with a stupid person, such as a Sucky Customer, or is constantly reading about them, you lose braincells from their stupidity. it is not your fault, but the fault of the SCs for being stupid enough to kill your braincells. because of this,though, you will tend to have moments like this. most likely, the brain cells you needed to process the difference between your total, and getting $20 over, had been killed at some point. unfortunately, you cannot get these braincells back. the only way to stop this is to eliminate all stupid people. i propose rockets to the sun. it should be easy enough. just tell them its a carnival ride, and they will all jump on. most likely fighting to get on first, due to their enlarged sense of entitlement.

Comment

An SC would have gotten mad after having their mistake pointed out. You made a joke about it. So you are not sucky
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X