Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Try harder to bribe us buddy (HP7 Woes)....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am volunteering at Store2 for their party. I presume they will let the employees buy it before they shut down the registers. So I won't get it at 12:01, but I will hopefully get it by 2am or so.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I once read somewhere that J.K. Rowling, when asked what Butterbeer might taste like said quote "Sickenly sweet. I mean it's not something I really thought about."

I have to ask. What the heck IS butterbeer anyway?
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
        I once read somewhere that J.K. Rowling, when asked what Butterbeer might taste like said quote "Sickenly sweet. I mean it's not something I really thought about."

I have to ask. What the heck IS butterbeer anyway?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterbeer#Butterbeer

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          To quote someone, I forget who, "Everyone has a price. An honest person simply has a price beyond what it costs to do things legitimately."

That being said, did you ever figure out exactly how much it would take to buy you off?
          Well, let's see I'm sharing a house with 3 other people on the outskirts of my town so there's bills, I'm in college and I have books and tuition to pay, there's also my car registration and insurance too, then there's the fact that I'd like to study in Japan for a while so at best it would've taken $500,000 at the VERY least. I actually said that to a guy once (The $500,000 part) and was quite surprised when he was counting out $100s.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My sister is the one picking it up at 12:01- and reading it first btu she knows if she spoils it for me i will kill i will use her bones to make a lawn ornament to scare off other spoilers and if any of her blood stained the book? Id learn nercomancie and bring her back to life to kill her again

Oh and some TV chef- dont remember wihchi- made a recipee for butter bear that according to Daniel Radcliffe "Oh, it isnt that bad actually:
            Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-16-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              I actually said that to a guy once (The $500,000 part) and was quite surprised when he was counting out $100s.
              Wow. I'm surprised you didn't take it, actually. A half-million would hold you over nicely even if you DID get fired for it.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                I think I'm the only person at work that reads for recreation, so I don't have to worry about any spoilers there.
                You too, eh? Sad thing is I work in a school.

I'm leaving in two weeks. The reading aspect is one of many reasons. (I'm going back to university to become a psychologist and set my own hours. I am unbelievably frigging tired of working for people dumber than me, who have no imagination or curiosity about the world).

Comment

I gotta say I am rather pleased with Amazon . . . many many many moons ago I pre ordered my copy with advanced shipping (to guarantee on release date) for a fee . . . .well I got an e-mail from them saying they were going to guarantee deliver on release day - and refund the fee I had paid due to advance ordering - they were doing this June 21 arrival date for everyone that pre-ordered for no extra fee.

So I will be at home on Sat . . .my luck is that my copy won't arrive till 5 pm . . .no wait I shouldn't say that, last book actually arrived at 11am. My local postal service had a few extra delivery people -only delivering the Half Blood Prince. So if they plan ahead again this time - I may have it read before I go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                  X