This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a horrible, horrible man . . .

A male SC just came into the store. He had his wife and a small child (probably about 10ish). He's incredibly mean and a big guy (big and round) as well, you can see it on his face as well as his wife's face (who seems very timid). He's acting like all his problems are everyone else's fault, the "Poor, Pathetic Me Syndrome." The first thing the he said when he came into the store is (to his daughter):

"Walk right, I don't want to have to be pulling you like a little baby."

(You know, he was probably walking too fast for her while he's holding her hand).

He hobbles through the store (like limping, wife and daughter in tow, looking for lawnmowers. We had one. He yanks the mower out and proceeds to TRY AND START IT IN THE STORE. #1 We don't want to suffer from the fumes of a gas powered motor, #2 lawnmowers are incredibly loud, especially inside. (He didn't seem to care).

Wife, standing aside, gently tells him to ask someone because it will have to be started outside. He yells something incoherent at her and tries pulling on the starting cord. When it didn't start at the first attempt (this is happening in mere seconds) he checks the gas inside the engine. My co-worker jump into action and tell him that we'll take him outside to start the mower. All the while, grumbling at his daughter "why can't you do anything right?"

My co-worker takes the mower outside, while he's trying to read something on a chainsaw, asking his wife what it says, (the writing is too small and he can't read it). Co-worker, man and family (I cannot consider him a part of any family) go outside when co-worker notices "as-is, won't start" on the tag. She points this out to him then he cries out, "how was I suppose to know, I can't read it," (like it's her fault he can't read it). She wheels the mower back inside and he continues with the family to the car. Which then, he leans up against a nearby mailbox, I can't tell what he was saying to her, but it looks as if he's frustrated (so dramatic he is). The wife and daughter have to wait for him before getting into the car, he's gotta finish his childish hissy fit first (wife is the driver as well - maybe he makes her, maybe he's too disabled to drive).

They were only in the store a few minutes, but in those few minutes, you can tell he is a horrible, horrible man (with all the stuff he was saying to his wife and daughter and his very dramatic actions).

I feel sorry for both the wife and the daughter and would wish them to the local battered women's shelter. But usually it's hard for women like that to leave the so-called "husbands." You know they're going to go home and the "husband" is going to take it all out on her and her daughter.

And I know were not suppose to wish harm on people, but goodness, whatever physical ailments he has now is not enough.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Feel free to raid my closet at any time. I have an array of guns, hammers, tire irons, etc etc........just make sure to return them when you are done.

There is a special place in hell for men like that.

If it comforts you, if/when that guy goes to prison for beating his wife/kid, the inmates will have a FIELD DAY with him. As scummy as prison inmates may be, most of them have a wife, daughter, girlfriend, son, etc etc, and they do NOT look upon woman beaters and child beaters/molestors very kindly!

I would hope and pray to God that this asswipe does NOT physically harm his wife or child. What a sick bastard. And to top it all off, he can't read. NICE!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

He may not be violent, but then you don't need to do anything physical to be abusive. (remembers an ex)
      Psychological and verbal abuse can affect you just as badly, and unfortunately is less easy to get out of or prosecute, because it's easier to make excuses for.

Anyway, off topic over, we have a customer like that. Now he's big and wide too, but because h's a body builder, and he has a physique that CANNOT be solely down to training, good diet and whey powder. He is very agressive, and terrifyingly orange and I suspect steroids. His poor partner always looks so tired and on the point of tears, and he's alway really unpleasant to her.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

As scummy as prison inmates may be, most of them have a wife, daughter, girlfriend, son, etc etc, and they do NOT look upon woman beaters and child beaters/molestors very kindly!
        Ah yes, I may be a crack dealer but at least I don't beat up small children. I love that child molesters are low in the prison hierachy.

Seriously though if you ever see that woman or her daughter again try to slip the number of a women's shelter in her purse.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Feel free to raid my closet at any time. I have an array of guns, hammers, tire irons, etc etc........just make sure to return them when you are done.
          **Raids blas' closet and pulls out a small pair of thong underwear**

Then what are these for . . .?

Quoth blas87 View Post
          There is a special place in hell for men like that.

If it comforts you, if/when that guy goes to prison for beating his wife/kid, the inmates will have a FIELD DAY with him. As scummy as prison inmates may be, most of them have a wife, daughter, girlfriend, son, etc etc, and they do NOT look upon woman beaters and child beaters/molestors very kindly!
          I remember my husbands' friend (who's been to prison before) said that before as well. Some of them can get pretty f'd up in there. It's nice to know that there is some justice left in the world.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            He may not be violent, but then you don't need to do anything physical to be abusive. (remembers an ex)
            Psychological and verbal abuse can affect you just as badly, and unfortunately is less easy to get out of or prosecute, because it's easier to make excuses for.
            Amen, sistah. Amen. (also remembers an ex)

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              I love that child molesters are low in the prison hierachy.
              They go low enough to bottom out. Usually if ones of those degenerates survive their term, it's because the guards kept them alive.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

What a complete creep! I feel so sorry for his wife and especially for her little girl.

I really don't get how someone's self esteem could be so low that they'd stay in a relationship like that.
                Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                  I really don't get how someone's self esteem could be so low that they'd stay in a relationship like that.
                  Because it starts off small, with little things, and gets bigger and bigger as their self-esteem and support network get slowly cut away, until they go from happy, vibrant, lively people to shells of their former selves. My mom went through that with my paternal gene-source (who was verbally and borderline-physically abusive, in the form of severe spanking for any offense, with me as well) and after she booted him to the curb she was a completely different woman than the one I'd grown up with.The guy my late fiancee was living with before she met me was even worse, to the point where he smashed her head into a computer monitor and she felt like she deserved it.

On a related note, she died in her sleep due to a disorder (sleep apnia, I think?) caused by head trauma that started years before she died, and the monitor thing is the only injury in the right time-frame. There's a legal limit for how long a person's death can be linked to injuries caused by a beating even if charges were pressed (which they weren't), and this was well past that limit, but I still hold him fully responsible for her death from a moral and karmic standpoint.

Since it's on my mind, let me tell you even of how big an asshole this guy is by sharing the story of the single time I met him... which was when he had the nerve to show up at her funeral!

He comes in, trying to act like he's broken-hearted, but isn't fooling anyone with the drama-queen routine since he actually flirts with one of her sisters DURING the service. Afterwards he comes up to me and tries to be all buddy-buddy with me, in the slimy, skin-crawling kind of way, talking about how he doesn't hold it against me that I stole his 'girl', and hopes we can be 'friends'.

I called him a lying, slimy, abusive asshole and told him to get the hell out of my sight. He went instantly from buddy-buddy to what I can only describe as "angry, delusional, entitled bitch"... probably because nobody in his life had ever stood up to him and called him on his bullcrap. He also apparently didn't think anyone who was enough of a 'pansy-ass bitch' to be nice to a woman and 'faggoty' enough to call her Kitten would be able to 'make him' leave.

In response to THAT act I stood up and told him, in deadly seriousness, that if he didn't leave right now I would beat him to death with my bare hands and take the jail time as well worth it. He just stood there giving me the chin-up 'bring it' pose until I started towards him, then he bolted for the parking lot like a rabbit at the sight of a wolf... and yes, if he hadn't run I really would have killed him then and there. I was not sane at that point in time, but over a year later, I'd still be severely tempted to gut him like a fish if I saw him again.

If you think that's wrong or immoral, then you've never had someone you love murdered and the unrepentant bastard responsible get away with it scott free because he set the events into motion more than a year and a day ago.
                  Last edited by JustADude; 07-13-2007, 08:47 AM.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                    and yes, if he hadn't run I really would have killed him then and there. I was not sane at that point in time, but over a year later, I'd still be severely tempted to gut him like a fish if I saw him again.
                    My mean brain says "Well, you were already at a funeral, it would have saved time and money."

Just like to say one of my exes attempted to turn abusive on me.

ATTEMPTED.

Yeah, that didn't last long. His phone wasn't working so he threw it at ME.

"Oh, you wanna throw stuff? You can throw them on your own, bubye!"
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I <3 JustADude.

You're dead on. That's exactly how it works. They build your trust, and use it to undermine your self-esteem, your other relationships, your hope . . . Brainwashing in its most classic form. My exhusband used to brag about it to his friends.

I've ceased being angry at the little bimbo who 'stole' him. I actually feel kinda sorry for her these days. She's living her karma for it.

I, on the other hand, am stronger now than I ever was. I just wish no one ever had to go through that. The sense of betrayal once you finally get out and realize what was done to you is shattering.

Hmmmm; time for chocolate, I think.

Thanks again, JAD. You said it much better than I would have.

Comment

The man was walking with a limp . . .unable to read . . .and wife was the driver . . .I can think of lots of options that could be jumped to . . .not just the one you presented.

I am not in anyway shape or form excusing his behavior.
                        You didn't actually give quote of anything of foul language just telling the daughter to act her age. (for all you know she had been whining in the car about getting ice cream and why does she have to go look at lawnmowers.)

They had to wait to leave the parkinglot while he had a moment to himself . . .
                        The man needs help - but he may also already be working on getting help - I may have miss-read but it sounds like the wife and daughter got in the car and he had a moment to himself to cool down. That sounds like someone who is acknowledging an issue and trying to improve.

with the wife keeping her mouth shut - she may actually be the abusive one - he may in the car and at home hear how he really isn't a man and he is stupid and can't do anything without her . . . . Then you have a clerk who finds a tag that mentions a specific lawn mower doesn't start - and they make him feel like an idiot also.

All I am saying is that their may be more factors. However if you feel that the child is in any danger - contact CPS. If they are ever physical in your store - call the police. It is that simple.

Comment

Fortunately, I've never had a boyfriend try that with me. I'm not attractive to these kinds of men. They look for people they can brainwash, and I just don't fit the profile. They tend to think I'm a bitch. Which is fine, because as far as it's ever going to concern them, I am.

I have, however, met plenty of men for whom insidious, subtle undermining is a standard MO when they are dealing with women. I recognize it instantly when I see it. These men tend to fit their own profile, and it's not an attractive one.

There is a particularly unpleasant level of Hell reserved for them.

Comment

I can understand your feelings, JAD. :hugs:

Quoth JustADude View Post
                            paternal gene-source
                            I say either male genetic contributor or sperm donor, depending on the memory I'm re-living.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                              I can explain that to you right now.
                              I was a lonely, friendless child, when I was little. Imaginative, intelligent, with an alcoholic father and a mother with a chronic illness. I was badly bullied and some bad stuff happened to me that I don't want to mention. By 15 I had already decided I hated myself.

When I met my ex, I was 15. 16 is legal in the uk, and nothing sexual happened between us until that point. He was older, handsome, seemed popular and clever and cool. And he LIKED ME! I was so DESPERATE for someone to just like me, to treat me well, that when he threw a few bones of attention my way I snapped them up and pretty much agreed to ANYTHING he wanted of me if he'd just love me. Slowly, so slowly, that meant- agreeing to an open relationship, as he couldn't commit, never going out without full makeup, and believeing it when he called me needy, useless, stupid.... cause if I wasn't, this man I loved soooo much wouldnt be treating me like this, right? Then he left me. And he left me, not the other way around, and my life support was taken from me, and I responded by becoming incredibly depressed.

Luckily, nearly 6 years after he left me (the relatinship only lasted a year, but it was enough time to mess me up but GOOD, so imagine how much worse it must be for someone who spends 20, 30 years with a person like that) I am with a lovely man (4 1/2 years now!) who adores me and would never want to hurt me.
                              (And it helps that's he's gained a ton of weight, started smoking and looks more unhappy every time I see him)
                              But I still rmember that crushing hurt and hate for myself whenever he dissaproved of something I did.

Edit- I would never have seen myself as the victim 'type'- I am intelligent, stubborn, strong-willed, but I was so badly hurt in my youth and so vulnerable at that age I was easy pickings. I am not now. And men like that can see vulnerability a mile off. Now, after therapy, I am who I should have been- bolshy, confident and risk-taking, and am much happier for it.
                              Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 07-13-2007, 09:07 PM.
                              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
                              X