Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placing an order... NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing an order... NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!

Honest to Pete, can someone tell me what is so hard about placing an order at the drive-thru???

Seriously, at least a dozen times a day, I'll take the order, give them the total, they'll drive up... and add more on! First of all, if you're not finished yet, just tell me! If I go fast, it's because we're busy, and if the customers behind you have to wait, they're going to become irate, and guess who they'll take it out on?

That's right, ME! Also, if I take the time and trouble to alter your order, have the decency to thank me! I have to take care of you and the other person placing the order, and it's fucking stressful! I once had a person completely alter their order from breakfast to lunch without so much as a "thank you"! Second of all, did you ever stop to think that maybe you really don't need or want said item that much if you only just thought of it???

Yesterday I had some old biddy place an order for nuggets and sauce. I gave her the total, told her to come around... and then she snapped at me,

SC: That's not what I want! I want to change my order!!

Of course, I've cleared my screen, so it's too late now, and I have to alter it when she comes up. As God is my witness, I put down exactly what she ordered, and she acted like it was MY fault that she changed her mind! So I changed her order, and she of course didn't say those two magic words I long to hear from my customers.

Oooh, but this one vile, stereotypical redneck guy (seriously, he had the mullet, the ratty tank top, missing teeth, and unfuckable wife/sister to boot) said two magic words to me recently:

Sucky Redneck Customer: Fuck you! You were fucking rude back there! We had more orders and you told me to come around! Fuck this! I'm never fucking coming back here again!
    Me: All right. Have a great day! (By the way, I'm sure he and his sister/wife were on their way to a Klan meeting)

Look, Cletus, it's no fault of mine that you didn't take the initiative to say "I'm not done yet!" I genuinely thought you were done. And how hard is it to decide what you want and say it? Ordering fast food isn't a major life decision! Just spit out your order and be done with it! What's the big fucking deal, people?? You're just going to poop out your food later anyway!!
    Last edited by Marxfan; 07-13-2007, 11:37 AM.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

LOL. I remember people ordering drinks in drive-thru and not specifying if they were hot or cold and then being pissed if you made it the other way..... um excuse me but just about every single hot drink also comes cold - if you don't specify, I'm probably going to make it hot.

I also hated when I took the time to completely repeat the order for them and say "is that correct", and they would say yes only to drive-around and say that it wasn't.... somehow imbetween the box and the window the order magically changed.....

Or we had the people that missed the HUGE menu board and ordering box thing completely and would try to drive straight to the window and pay.... oh yeah that was fun. Ooh also fun were the ones who decided it was taking too long so they would just leave - then that really messes up your register and the "order" of the orders......

Drive-thru is so much fun isn't it? Glad I haven't done it in a very long time!

Comment

Drive-thru is so much fun isn't it? Glad I haven't done it in a very long time!
      Lucky! I hate doing it... on top of that, I confess I'm not that good at it, but they keep putting me on it. I'm not even going to try to figure that out.

How about when, even though the order box shows what I've done, they drive up and demand that you read back their orders?? God help you if you make even just one mistake! Grrr, that pisses me off! Hateful bean-counting bastards! Mind you, I'm all for getting orders right, I really am, but is a little blind faith for the hapless fast food worker asking too much?
      "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I never had a issue with the drivethru to much. Sure people are basically stupid, but thats a given.

My tricks were as follows.

get the ding in the headset..
        ..Welcome to burgerking may I take your order please...
        yeah can I get a Numberone with a diet coke and no onions.....oh yeah I want cheese on that...

(thinking to self***Fuck (we had to enter each item individually so we had to delete the first whopper and do it as a whopper with cheese no onions***no big deal just annoying))

I say "sure no problem, anything else for you today"

They say "yeah can I have a large gerbal flavored milkshake"

"sure, thats a number 1 with cheese no onions with a diet coke to drink and a large gerbal milkshake"

"Yup"

"Anything else for you today"

"nope"

"Ok your total's gonna be the gross national defecit of the republic of congo, please pull around to the window".

Thats my biggest peave at fast food joints. Is they simply won't ask if thats all for you today. And people who order like my wife used to drive me nuts. She will order one item and wait, Its like shit. They have one button per item, half the time that person isn't even in front of the register when you start ordering.

I know we used to take some orders from as far back as the office and start walking to the register as they are ordering (doesn't work in a rush) and have no problems.

But all this crap is caused by corporate with their damn timers, "must get car out within 1.2 nanoseconds from the time they hit the speaker", "no time for questions that may make the whole procedure easier".
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
          Lucky! I hate doing it... on top of that, I confess I'm not that good at it, but they keep putting me on it. I'm not even going to try to figure that out.
          I'm trying to figure that out. I just can't do it.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Rude people at drive thrus are the worst.
            ...Or at the bank.
            .......Or anywhere really.
            "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

I don't work a drive-thru, but I've had to sit behind these drool-schleppers while they try to get their mental gerbil to do the tricks required so they can spit out their order.

By the time I hit the speaker, I have a really good idea of what I'm getting, and if I don't, I ask for them to give me a minute. When I order, I then pretty much read out what I want, combo #such-and-such with whatever changes I need, with size-X drink type and type of side item, then any other combos, then individual large items, then individual sides, then individual drinks, and finally anything like desserts.

I'm pretty organized when it comes to placing orders. But I think it annoys my friends when I require that everything is sorted out before I'll even start.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I go to a drive thru, I just about always know what I want to order. The only times, is when it is someplace I haven't too before/or in a while. I do not like it, when they do not have a menu before you get to the speaker. I want to be able to see what I might want before I get to the speaker and make it faster for them.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Can you order a gerbil shake w/ or w/o fur?
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I set up a Drive-thru rule. I told people when they changed there order that i would have to park them no matter what and they would have to wait untils it cooked and we had time to run someone out. And if they didnt bother to order at the box, I will tell them nope sorry i dont take orders at the window (depending on day mostly) i dont care about them that much

Comment

I feel sorry for the people at one of my local Jack in the Boxes. Apparently the neighbors were complaining about the noise from the drive through speaker so now they don't use it after some evening hour (I forgot the specific time). Customers will have to read the display although they can give their order verbally. I know this becase I saw the large signs proclaiming this, one English the other is Spanish.

I can see the nightmare now. Some yahoo is going to be screaming at the box because no one is talking to him.
                      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

When I go to a drive thru, I just about always know what I want to order. The only times, is when it is someplace I haven't too before/or in a while. I do not like it, when they do not have a menu before you get to the speaker. I want to be able to see what I might want before I get to the speaker and make it faster for them.
                        I'd like to have one of those, too... if they worked. But they don't. People try to order there (even when the first board has a large sign on it saying not to, since as you know customers don't read signs) and then when they get to the window they insist they've already ordered. Even though nobody greeted them, asked any questions, or gave a total.

We've had customers try to order from the *newspaper box* before; an actual second menu is just bait.
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                        X