This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrepectfull customers

Hello everyone, first post, I am a assitant store manager at a store that sells goods to decorate your home, that being said we were having a great sale, 75% off the lowest price. we are quite busy.

nl-nice lady
    sc-you know it
    me-me

Nice lady comes in and is looking around and brings a vase to the cash stand and keeps shopping, (I see her put it on the counter) in the mean time there are 2 younger girls shopping as well and they are also putting stuff on the counter. The nl comes up and says shes done and is ready to be rung up so I grab the vase to ring up and the sc says that it is her vase and I say no that nl put it there and it is hers. Sc says to the nl that it is hers and she is trying to steal it. The nl says that she put it on the counter and it is hers but there is another one. The sc just tells her to shut up and what is wrong with her trying to steal her stuff, the nl again trys to tell her that it is hers but sc just keeps yelling at her and telling her to shut up and then gets mad at me for ringing it up for the nl. Now by this time I am pretty pissed because if anyone talked to my mother like that I would rip them apart. After I ring it up the nl goes and brings another vase and sets it hard on the counter and says there now you have your vase! The sc just kept telling her to shut up and go away. I realize it was a great sale but come on this was over a $5.00 vase! I wanted to tell sc to leave that she wasn't getting anything but of course I could'nt. I don't know how sc can live with herself treating people that way. Maybe I should have kicked her out, she deserved it.

Welcome to the site! -hugs-

You did the right thing not saying anything. You still have your job and your pride and you and the Nice Lady proved to be the better people in that situation.

Now..if it was me...I would have told the SC that if she's going to be an asshole than she can carry her ass out the store. I have low tolerance for that kind of behaviour.

Comment

That is terrible they would treat a nice lady like that, but a guess just a typical sc.

Comment

I had the same thing happen regarding a rug' one customer wants it, so I set it aside up front while they continue shopping ('cause moving a 9'x12' while shopping ain't fun), then another customer comes up saying that it's her's, and eventually the party of the first part and the party of the second part (and if any lawyer puts that in my will, I'm a gonna smack him... ahem) get into a bit of a tiff about it. I make sure that the rug was sold to the first, nice lady, although with the comments that the nice lady made about the sc I'm wondering if the two don't know each other... though outside the store I imagine that's unimportant. Hmm.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

You haven't seen arguments like that until you've worked at a Goodwill.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Welcome to the board!

It's crazy to fight over a vase. Especially if you have more in stock. What a bitch.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
            X