This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Hoteliers out there.

I have been getting asked more and more lately if we offer a "Sam's Club" discount. We don't offer one here, and I haven't heard of any hotel offering one, but I was curious to see if anyone had heard of/offered said discount.

Seriously, I wanna know if this is a real thing.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

You mean more than one person has asked for this? Is your hotel in their parking lot bychance? Cause that is just weird.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      You mean more than one person has asked for this? Is your hotel in their parking lot bychance? Cause that is just weird.
      I have had at least a dozen, and the nearest Sam's Club is like 45 minutes away.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

We have a Walmart discount, though very few people use it. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had it requested in the seven years I've worked there. (I have no idea where the closest Sam's Club is to us. Not within an hour's drive, that's for sure.)
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

They may be referring to this...

http://www.goodsamclub.com/

I vaguely remember someone in my family being a member and getting hotel or motel discounts...

just a thoughts...

Comment

I know warehouse clubs pitch a wide range of services available from car buying to travel services, so that's prolly what they're talking about. Of course like any travel service, you'd have to make arrangements ahead of time, you can't just walk into the hotel and expect the discount.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Our local Costco always has a sign up with a local restaurant, during the month it's up anyone with a Costco card can get a small discount. Is it possible a Sam's Club is doing something similar with hotels? Although you'd think it would be cleared with owners and all staff told about it (but we all know how communication can be...)

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth artcurmudgeon View Post
                They may be referring to this...

http://www.goodsamclub.com/

I vaguely remember someone in my family being a member and getting hotel or motel discounts...

just a thoughts...
                No, they are definitely referring to the Wal*Mart affiliate. This seems like the online coupon stuff, where they get the discount, but only online. The people I'm getting are trying to use their Sam's Club membership like a AAA or AARP to get a discount.

SC

Comment

I'm sure I have had people ask that, but I usually suspect that it is just because they're fishing for any discount...

Comment

Apparently until recently Sam's used to have a travel program. It's been discontinued, but some hotel chains are still offering discounts.

http://samsclubanswercenter.custhelp...7s-club-travel

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/trav...ussion/709684/

Comment

I couldn't tell you where the nearest Sam's Club is, but I've gotten good discounts on a cruise & an upcoming hotel stay in Seattle by using Costco's travel program.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                      X