This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!

So everything is going good, til I get to breakfast.

As I try to get the container of waffle batter off the cart, it slips, and falls about 6 feet. I have the nozzle in my hand, and the lid flies of on impact.

So now I have the better part of a gallon of waffle batter on the floor that I have to clean up. It viscous, so the mop has difficulty getting it up.

So now I'm splattered with waffle liquid, and I have guests starting to come down (they were all cool ). As I go into the kitchen to get the coffee for the guest whose waiting, I slip and fall on the freshly mopped floor.

My customer mentioned what day it is.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Ouch, hope you didn't hurt yourself. On the plus side, customers tend to be forgiving when you're splattered by food. Summertime at a fast food place would have irate customers when our ice cream wasn't working. They'd calm right down when they saw me dripping chocolate syrup though (damn machine).
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Funny. for me Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day.

Comment

Pro Tip: When it came to waffle batter, or thicker sauces, I always used to get most of it up with a broom and dustpan, then finish with the mop. It works like a charm, and the time it takes to rinse off the broom and dustpan afterwards is FAR less than it takes to get that goopy crap out of a standard mop head.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          Funny. for me Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day.
          Same here. I also love black cats, and opals [which traditionally are supposed to be unlucky.]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            Same here. I also love black cats, and opals [which traditionally are supposed to be unlucky.]
            Opals are only unlucky if they aren't your birthstone. I get to wear them with immunity.

Oh, and in the UK, black cats are actually a sign of good luck, even good luck greeting cards will have horseshoes & black cats on them.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I read somewhere that the idea of opals being unlucky is because they're such a brittle gemstone. One good whack and they shatter, which IS unlucky from a financial standpoint. Spend all that money on a pretty piece of jewelry, and accidentally bump it against something and *crack* - money flushed down the toilet.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X