Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW: "Blue quilt that's going to Australia" is her 'depression quilt' for me.

<big hugs>
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Add my voice to the "No Refunds."

I also think you should only sell the quilts at full price, because I get the feeling that some of these, "can't afford it" people are just waiting for you to put them up for a discount, while expecting you to refund the deposit. So screw with them all around by not refunding the deposit and not putting it up for a discount. Make 'em pay the higher price if they want the quilt that badly.

And if you do finally have to put them on sale, then I recommend doing it at one of the events you go to, rather than via online. Again, deny them the ability to get it at a lower cost.

I think you do wonderful work. Seeing these kind of brings back memories of watching my grandma make quilts for the family.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

If you have a lot of customers, it stands to reason that you'll sometimes have a high percentage of scam artists or others trying to get something for nothing. It happens. Last week at work I had a higher than usual concentration of nutcases call in.

My guess is some of these people are hoping that they can get you to send them the quilt for half price. If they won't respond to repeated emails, too bad. Those quilts are your property because the deposit only covered the supplies and the effort you've put in.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Awesome quilts!

Hmm...if you have the time, you could even make some quilted media pouches/iPad cases. There are a ton of them available on the net which you could do some little quilted designs on.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X