This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants Can Now Give You Bad Reviews

A system that tracks customers' behavior patterns, and allow restaurants to review (and somewhat punish) their patrons...

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...w-diners-dimmi
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Not sure I can endorse this. Yes, some people are unduly picky about their meals, and some people are lousy tippers, but how does downgrading their tables or giving them worse service fix those things?

Also, a restaurant can rate a person poorly using this service, and that person can turn around and ding the restaurant on Yelp or some other form of social media. What's going to be seen by more people?

Finally, as somebody who would probably have nothing to fear from this kind of thing, I'm not sure I would want to patronize an establishment that does this kind of thing.

Mostly though, I think it's a sad state of affairs that respect and common decency have diminished to the point that this kind of thing becomes...a thing.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

How soon until Amy's Baking Company tries to make use of this to get back at the "internet bullies"?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

So, someone miscalculates and leaves a bad tip. They then get a bad rating. Next time they come in, the staff sees the bad rating and gives bad service. Bad service = crappy tip. The cycle repeats itself.

Not sure I like this.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          So, someone miscalculates and leaves a bad tip. They then get a bad rating. Next time they come in, the staff sees the bad rating and gives bad service. Bad service = crappy tip. The cycle repeats itself.

Not sure I like this.
          Even worse, someone gives bad service to begin with but doesn't think they did, or doesn't care - and deserves a poor tip or no tip. But they'd probably still ding the customer for it.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            How soon until Amy's Baking Company tries to make use of this to get back at the "internet bullies"?
            You mean they're not already on it via FB and Reddit?!
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Even worse, someone gives bad service to begin with but doesn't think they did, or doesn't care - and deserves a poor tip or no tip. But they'd probably still ding the customer for it.
              Truthiness. Bad servers don't see bad/no tips as a sign they screwed up somehow. They blame it on the customer. That's why they're bad servers. They're probably also EWs when they go shopping.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
              X