Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been handed an interesting website "challenge".

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been handed an interesting website "challenge".

Ok, as a few of you know, I do software engineering and web applications.

Well, I built a website for a friend of mine for his business. Well, he told me tonight it's time for us to start on a redesign. We're going to start after the new year.

The challenge is this: He wants it business-like (since it is a business website), but whimsical, at the same time.

His current color scheme (purple, pink, blue, black, white) is one I think I can work with. Though he told me he's not "married to" the colors.

I don't think I'll have a problem with the "business like" look...the hard part for me is going to be "whimsical", though his logo itself is sort of whimsical. I'm sure, though, he's going to want more than that.

He told me he's going to send me a URL from a website that a different friend of his has, and ask me if I could work with something similar. I don't want to steal the idea (that's generally frowned upon by designers/developers), but I think I could probably come up with a similar look.

I'm really going to need to ponder this one...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Purple is SUCH a hard color to work with on websites.

Going to be even worse this year since it's the Pantone color. ><
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Maybe you could just have the whimsical logo move around the screen and change it's background color as it goes.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Ok, I think I (read:we) have figured this out.

We're going with a purple-ish color along the top. We're using some doggie bones with bows around them as "columns" on the extreme left and right of the site, as part of the "whimsy", and we're using pink doggie bones as hyperlinks as the rest of the "whimsy". I think that's probably as far as we're going with it.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
        X