This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard this on the news this morning

I was listening to the local news this morning while I was getting ready for work.

One of the news stories was this one...

A couple bought a Christmas gift at an on-line retailer for their kid. The Christmas gift arrived. The gift had problems, and so the couple posted negative feedback on the retailers website. Due to the negative feedback given by the couple, the retailer is suing them.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-31-2013, 12:07 AM.

I would think that would be tossed out of court, unless it can be proven that they lied or something. Otherwise what's the point of allowing online reviews at all?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There have been reports cropping up as of late of online retailers sneaking wording into their TOS's (which you have to agree to to buy anything) saying that you will not leave negative feedback for them on any public/review sites. That is likely the cause here.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This is something that has been in the news here for months. It looks like this has started making the rounds again because the people that were fined have filed a lawsuit over the fine and the unpaid debt that the store filed with the credit reporting agencies. The kicker in this case is that the TOS didn't have the clause about no negative reviews when the couple posted their complaint. The store is trying to claim that they did, but people have shown with cashed copies of the site that they didn't.

Comment

Working...
        X