X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    Fnord?

Seriously, write about anything, do movie reviews - I would love to see what you can do with Ghost Shark on SYFY ...
    Thats the sort of thing I was intending to do. I've owned the domain for my website for like 3 years and everything. But work and the related misery of it always got in the way. I had the camera, tripod, etc all bought and everything to pull a whole That Guy / Spoony sort of thing.

Comment

I think you'd do very well doing reviews.

No matter what, we love you and will continue to do so. Get better; anything else can be put aside.

*gives you cookies* 'cause cookies are awesome.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Even if you are never going to find anything to write about at this site, you should stay. You have had quite an influence here and I'm sure we all want to hear news of how you are doing.
        When you get well again, what kind of work does your physiotherapist recommend?

Comment

I totally understand, as I sit here today in pain. (I think one of my disks is trying to defect from my spine.) Your ealth is worth more than your stories. And maybe you can still do Halloween reports here anyway. Those are my favorite. At any rate, you have talent, and I know it'll find other venues. And don't worry; we fangirls will always have a ginormous crush on you.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
            When you get well again, what kind of work does your physiotherapist recommend?
            Anything but a call center / service job really. I'm aiming for writer/designer though.

Comment

Good luck GK. Take your time and get better. One job's shut down to you, but it sounds like you'll have more opportunities coming up. Just focus on getting your life settled and then plan going forward.

And I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews eventually when you feel up for it. Maybe we'll even see you on TGWG's crew someday.

Comment

Good Luck, GK. Your Sunday Posts were a highlight of my weekends. I cant say Ill miss them though, not when I hear of what it's done to you. I hope it all goes well and youre healed up before you know it.

I look forward to reading whatever you put out in the future.

Comment

Now that I've thought about this, it makes me so happy that you never have to put up with those morons again.
                  "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                  Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                    Now that I've thought about this, it makes me so happy that you never have to put up with those morons again.
                    It should make me happy as well, but no matter how much I tell myself that, the anxiety disorder doesn't believe me.

Really, its kind of an asshole all things considered. It never listens to me and it just keeps ruining my stuff. But the eviction process is long and annoying.

Comment

Let me add my voice to those saying that we would rather have you healthy than anything else.

You're a good guy, GK. Please take care of yourself. I'm sure you will find a new outlet for inspiration no matter what you end up doing, but no matter what your own health and happiest is your first priority.

You've given a lot to us; it's been a great ride. Thanks and see you later rather than goodbye.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

*walks over, hands GK a plate of cookies and a packet of cat treats*

Wish I could make it better in some other way. But we CS folks are cheering for you and want you to be healthy.

You are loved and cared about, as mushy as that is. <3
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Take it easy. I've been out on extended leave for nearly two months with my back injury, and it's finally getting better in time for me to quit and move to Utah, where I have no idea what career is waiting for me. Don't worry about the lack of postings. The rate of my postings in Sucky Customers took a sharp decline after I got out of the call center business because prison is a very depressing, soul-draining place, so not much funny happens. And after you've been there awhile, you start to forget that things which are funny in prison are usually met with "wtf is wrong with you" looks on the faces of the people you tell them to outside of prison.

Your health is most important, and you should take care of you first. I do find some ironic humor in the fact that I did eventually also develop a back injury in the past year (starting with lower back pain last September, which then mutated into severe knee pain, which finally went away in time for me to injure myself moving out of my old house on June 3rd). Seems our karmic bond runs deeper than call center craziness after all.

Do what I did when I got out of the call center business. Bug everyone in Off Topic
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Most of my back problems in recent years were likely due to undiagnosed anxiety symptoms. repeatitive strain from work is definitely the big factor, but my anxiety manifests as muscle tension. Essentially since my lower back never actually unclenchs it never actually got any rest nor could it ever recover from the damage being inflicted. Even when I sleep it never let go so to speak.

The initial back injury probably never actually healed and just got carried over into more and more strain damage to the back and hips.

Even now, Ativan is about the only thing that releases most of the tension.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of what I'm finding out about my back. My car wreck in '06 was probably the start of it, but yeah, I carried around so much stuff I had no idea affected me internally. My physical therapist has been doing a lot of soft-tissue work, because my back muscles never really let go. I've had to flood my system with water, because apparently getting those muscles to finally relax is releasing a ton of toxins that built up over time into my body.
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                                Let me add my voice to those saying that we would rather have you healthy than anything else.

*snip*
                                I second this. GK, your stories are hilarious but if it's a choice, we'd rather have you. Besides, you are planning to write so we'll have a chance to read your work again sometime in the future.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                                Most of my back problems in recent years were likely due to undiagnosed anxiety symptoms. repetitive strain from work is definitely the big factor, but my anxiety manifests as muscle tension. Essentially since my lower back never actually unclenchs it never actually got any rest nor could it ever recover from the damage being inflicted. Even when I sleep it never let go so to speak.
                                *snip*
                                OMG, that sounds truly awful. I hope things improve now you're away from the stress-inducing work conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                X