This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird band requests....

My dad's in a cover band with a few other older guys. The band mostly does classic rock and all that...they currently have a series of gigs in various pubs around the state.

Apparently at their last gig, someone came up and asked the band to do "wrecking ball" .

Keep in mind this is mostly late 40's and up...they're all mostly rugged "manly" guys, it's hilarious.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

In case you haven't seen it, there's a guy on YouTube that recreated music videos for pop songs on Chatroulette... and he did one for "Wrecking Ball".

Including the wrecking ball.

Including the nudity (tastefully concealed).

It's hilarious. Seek it out.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Must have made a nice change from

(Lighter up in one hand, Metal 'horns' sign in other...)

FREEBIRD!!!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

FREEBIRD!!!
        my dad's band would've been happy to take that request, although one of their more frequent requests of late has been anything by the Rolling Stones.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          my dad's band would've been happy to take that request, although one of their more frequent requests of late has been anything by the Rolling Stones.
          Well, there's... (out of my lubrary)
          Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin')
          Something Happened To Me Yesterday
          Some Things Just Stick In Your Mind
          and
          Anybody Seen My Baby?
          ... not much of a selection, chum.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sooo.....did they do it?
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

FREEBIRD!!!
              Damn, beat me to it!!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                FREEBIRD!!!
                No, that generation is wobbling in their walkers and holding up their cell phones with the extra big buttons...

Cue up quavering rendition... Sm-m-m-o-o-o-ke o-o-n the wu-wu-wa-ter ...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  Sooo.....did they do it?
                  Not that I'm aware of. My dad's purely self-taught (with the occasional "pro" lesson here and there) while the rest of the band vary between self-taught and even teaching in one case (the guy in question teaches a combined Kindergarten/Grade 1 class).

They also had a request for a Kenny Rodgers song (not sure what) although I don't know if they DID do that one. (there are a couple of Kenny Rodgers songs in their lineup though)

This is the band in case anyone's wondering. They tend to take some of the songs a little slower-paced.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    No, that generation is wobbling in their walkers and holding up their cell phones with the extra big buttons...

Cue up quavering rendition... Sm-m-m-o-o-o-ke o-o-n the wu-wu-wa-ter ...
                    Hey now!!!!!!! I'm in my 50's, know all the words to both Freebird and Smoke on the Water and am no where NEAR needing a walker yet (a cell phone with big buttons, maybe)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      I'm in my 50's, know all the words to both Freebird and Smoke on the Water and am no where NEAR needing a walker
                      Ditto that!

Oddly enough, despite hearing Smoke... most of my life, I had no idea it was a true story until a couple of years ago.

Sounds like your dad's having fun, fire. Good on him.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

FREEBIRD!!!
                        Mike Doughty: Next time you're at a concert, and you have that urge to shout "Freebird", don't shout "Freebird", shout "It's Raining Men"!
                        Audience Member: It's Raining Men!!
                        Mike Doughty: I cannot play "It's Raining Men". If I could, I would. You have my word as a gentleman.
                        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                        X