Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my kid's aiming for a Darwin...

Holy mackerel, my youngest is just off the charts lately. I don't know if its just because she's my progeny, or if she's just THAT accident prone.

These past two months...now mind you, JUST in November through now...she's:

- Hand, foot, and mouth disease

- Got her hand caught in between a chair and a table...other kid in class shoved chair in. This was yep-your-fingernails-are-coming-off-later scale. Nice black and purple fingertips for a few days.

- Strep. GREAT.

- Fallen on the school bus and got a nice gash on the side of her head. DIDN'T TELL ANYONE. So she got off the bus and blood was pouring down the side of her face.

- Had strep again. Um, ok.

- Was pushing a kid on the swings, said kid decided to kick backwards and gave her a black eye and a bruised cheek

- THIRD ROUND OF STREP. Seriously, what is she doing?! Licking everything?!

- THE. EFFING. FLU. And she had a flu shot!! Well, not totally confirmed as the flu, but it appeared to be that, to all intents and purposes. Lasted almost an entire week.

I'm also going to note that each and every time she got strep? Her fever would run SUPER high. Like, one time she hit 105.1 -- was the first fever of the strep bout, so we didn't have her on anything.

Ahmahgawd, I don't know if she's specifically aiming for a Darwin, or WHAT this kid is up to. /facepalm
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Quoth Seraph View Post
    Holy mackerel, my youngest is just off the charts lately. I don't know if its just because she's my progeny, or if she's just THAT accident prone.
    Seraph. Dear. Do you really need to ask that question?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The strep thing? That happens. I got it seven, yes, SEVEN, times one winter. Just needed one more bout within 30 days for insurance to have covered the tonsillectomy. So, of course, my next bout was in April.

She's just very susceptible to the strain getting passed this year.

As to the rest, I'm with Jay. Do you have to ask?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

If she's in school, it's like for that reason. schools tend to be breeding grounds for every cough, cold, flu etc. going around. Teachers get it too!
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I got strep early this year. It was so bad that I could not swallow. I'm so sorry for you Seraph, and for your child.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            I'm not sure those are mutually exclusive in your case Seraph.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Repeating strep throat can be due to bad tonsils. Make sure the doctor checks them.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                I think my kid's aiming for a Darwin...
                I'm gonna have to say nope on this one. Darwins are for willful stupidity, what I see here is more heredity.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  Call centers are just as bad a breeding ground for every communicable illness going around, I swear. Everyone I work with has had some form of flu, cold, etc at least once this season...
                  I work in a cube farm and you'd think it's a doctor's office waiting room some days.

One person will get sick and it infects the whole office, usually spanning several weeks.

Comment

try being a delivery driver and having people cough, hack, gag, snot, spew and a few other things on you and the paper money they hand you.

To partially quote George Carlin: " I have a super atomic immune system. We used to swim in the Hudson River which at the time was raw sewage so my immune system got one hellava workout".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                      Repeating strep throat can be due to bad tonsils. Make sure the doctor checks them.
                      Yeah, I actually had abscesses behind mine just chock full of strep-y goodness when they were removed(at age 22, after a full year on antibiotics-changed every month because it wasn't going away. I actually had a standing appointment for a throat culture every two weeks, was always positive)*, the surgeon actually said to my face in recovery(we had an odd dr.-patient repertoire so it wasn't out of line, we actually compared tattoos in pre-op)"I have one thing to say about your tonsils....eeewww that was easily the most disgusting thing I have ever seen as a surgeon."

*inviso-text to spare the squeamish abscesses were one inch deep and had to be drained, cleaned, and cauterized during surgery took months to actually heal.
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I fell her pain....I'm just getting over my first bout of strep in at least 30 years.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                          Call centers are just as bad a breeding ground for every communicable illness going around, I swear.
                          That's one of the things I love about my company. We CAN work from home. Normally, this is meant to be an earned incentive, but when we're sick, or the weather's bad, we are encouraged to do so. That means that when my cube-mate was sick for two weeks, he just stayed home rather than infecting me.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                          X