This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard-earned life lesson

It isn't a good idea to eat buffalo wings when you have a canker sore inside your lip.

Owie.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Also, if you ever cut up jalapenos, wash your arms up to the elbows just in case. And if you don't do that, for the love of God do not rub our nose with your wrist afterward.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Do not eat raw onions. They will not have the same delicious taste that their cooked counterparts do.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

after getting hot sauce on on your hands, do not for love of god rub your eyes. Your friends will only laugh and record the moment for all time (not me but a good friend at dinner in a lodge one winter night) as you blindly run into walls while desperately trying to find the bathroom to flush them out.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          Do not eat raw onions. They will not have the same delicious taste that their cooked counterparts do.
          Well, some do. Vidalias and Walla-Wallas are yummy (but I do prefer them cooked most of the time, too.)
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            Also, if you ever cut up jalapenos, wash your arms up to the elbows just in case. And if you don't do that, for the love of God do not rub our nose with your wrist afterward.
            Or your eyes! And heaven help you if you've got a paper cut on your hand when you handle jalapeños...!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Also, for you guys, if you have to use the toilet, make sure you wash up very, very thoroughly first...

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Quoth bbbr View Post
                after getting hot sauce on on your hands, do not for love of god rub your eyes. Your friends will only laugh and record the moment for all time (not me but a good friend at dinner in a lodge one winter night) as you blindly run into walls while desperately trying to find the bathroom to flush them out.
                Quoth XCashier View Post
                Or your eyes! And heaven help you if you've got a paper cut on your hand when you handle jalapeños...!
                Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                Also, for you guys, if you have to use the toilet, make sure you wash up very, very thoroughly first...
                Or worse than jalapenos! I was very careful working with my crop of Scotch Bonnets last year...
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Or poison ivy...

There is a story about some guy who was very grateful his buddies roped his hands behind his back...

Now, using stinging nettle leaves for field expedient TP, like my cousin...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    I disagree. Not the same taste, certainly, but still delicious.

I'm one of those guys that, when I'm cooking and chopping up onions, I will munch on them. Yummy!

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    When dealing with prepping hot peppers, I always always always always always ALWAYS use gloves. It's just smart.

First time I ever worked with habaneros (stupidly thinking they were cherry peppers, due to inexperience and bad labeling by the produce department), I did not use gloves.

For the next four days, I also do not pee standing up or take out my contacts!

Because no amount of soap and water could get that stuff off my hands enough to allow such things.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Now, using stinging nettle leaves for field expedient TP, like my cousin...
                      Heh, everyone knows you're supposed to use dock leaves for that. Docks usually grow close to nettles, too (they produce an antidote to nettles' venom).

Comment

Working...
                      X