Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In other news...the Apocalypse is due on Saturday...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be picky, but the 28th is Monday....which, now that I think about it, is pretty appropriate for an apocalypse, since anyone who had the weekend off probably thinks the world is ending every Monday.

There's always something big happening somewhere in the world. You'd have a harder time finding a time when there wasn't a war or other major event going on.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The big question is, will we get to see Jay doing his non-horseman stuff, but only because he chooses to walk?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Ah yes. The 4 Blood Moons.

First, anyone saying "the world will end" is bat-shit crazy. No, the birth pains have not even begun in full. There are a dozen things that must "come to pass" before this age is fulfilled (ex: Battle of Gog and Magog, the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, the "Rapture", ect.). Even when this age is done, the new age will come in with the Kingdom of God period.

As per the 4 Blood Moon Prophecy itself. When the 4 Blood Moons happen on the 7th year of the Jewish calendar cycle (I forget the name. In this year, all slaves are to be freed and debt to be forgiven, ect), it means a warning to Holy Israel.

The last time the 4 Blood Moons occurred was just before the 6 Day War back in the 60's.

It means something bad will happen to Holy Israel soon. Probably another attack will come. Worst Case scenario. Battle of Gog and Magog, when Gog (ancient Russia) and Magog (ancient Iran/Persia) join together to attack Israel. But some type of 'disaster' happens and the two forces turn on each other. It will take Israel 7 months to bury the bodies and they will not need to gather wood. (I am referencing Dr. David Jeremiah on this)

I do have one last note to add. I hope I am wrong. That nothing will happen and people will move to a place of peace and understanding without this final judgement....... but sadly, the prophecies of the Bible have all come to pass except for these last few. And humanity has not learned from history like it should have.
        Last edited by Gilhelmi; 09-28-2015, 04:42 AM.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Eh people have been saying this stuff for decades centuries. The first REALLY big one in recent history was the world will literally stop spinning in the year 2000. Forget the Y2K bug, I mean the planet will just suddenly go full stop.

Then you factor in the Rasputin predictions, the Nostradomus predictions (people saying that he predicted Hitler was funny as there always has been and will be would be tyrants), the Mayan Calendar incident, etc. Not to mention Hollywood's fascination with the concept. It's gotten so pathetic that when someone screams the end of the world will happen on a particular day and it doesn't happen they simply change the date.

My take on it is simple. We're stuck on this spinning rock whether we like it or not so if the grand end of the entirety of the world DOES happen, it's not like there's a lot we can do to stop it.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            My take on it is simple. We're stuck on this spinning rock whether we like it or not so [when] the grand end of the entirety of the world DOES happen, it's not like there's a lot we can do to stop it.
            I agree, with an adjustment to the thought.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              The big question is, will we get to see Jay doing his non-horseman stuff, but only because he chooses to walk?
              It'll take me a while to get there. I can only walk so fast.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I would like to note that the end of the world was to take place on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
                It is now Sunday, September 27, 2015.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                  I would like to note that the end of the world was to take place on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
                  Sorry, I couldn't make it.

I got a blister.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

<peeks in>

<looks around>

Is it over?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                      <peeks in>

<looks around>

Is it over?
                      Ermmm... not yet, I guess. There's a lunar eclipse (named in the media as [insert dramatic music here] "SUPER BLOOD MOON!") over at least Europe and parts of the American continents tonight, and some folks see it as a sign of the End of Days as well.
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Humans have been predicting the end of the world forever. They have also been claiming various signs have been fulfilled forever. It all depends on how you interpret your "signs". Certain areas of the world have been experiencing conflict forever. Humans haven't changed much since our ancestors crawled out of the primal muck. It never stops people from trying to claim they know what's going to happen. Especially when they've got a book to sell, like the schmucks who said the world was ending..... yesterday.

Comment

I don't mind certain things happening. Like I think there was a video that was published around the time of the Left Behind series (which is a pretty kickass read even if you aren't a Christian, especially the Glorious Appearing one. Although the series is REALLY not for kids) which had a pastor speaking to the audience in the case of if the rapture happened. That actually seemed helpful and useful.

But people like this...? Ehhh yeah not so helpful. Like, okay, you think the world will end on this date. Why the fuck are you hawking books OTHER than the Bible?!
                          Last edited by Tama; 09-28-2015, 01:52 AM.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            I don't mind certain things happening. Like I think there was a video that was published around the time of the Left Behind series (which is a pretty kickass read even if you aren't a Christian, especially the Glorious Appearing one. Although the series is REALLY not for kids) which had a pastor speaking to the audience in the case of if the rapture happened. That actually seemed helpful and useful.

But people like this...? Ehhh yeah not so helpful. Like, okay, you think the world will end on this date. Why the fuck are you hawking books OTHER than the Bible?!
                            Why hawk ANY books? If the world is ending, is there, like, a one-bag limit for the afterlife and you want to make sure your book is in there? And why even SELL books if the world is ending? "You can't take it with you" is true. This kind of hypocrisy is why I can't take these "the world is ending soon" people seriously.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                              God would not let the world end until at least the end of the Packer game on Monday night.

Hey the Packers do trump Thanksgiving/Christmas/(sometimes) gun deer season around here.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                Sorry, I couldn't make it.

I got a blister.
                                I told you to get better shoes before the Apocalypse hits!

Saw the blood moon last night. Pretty cool looking, even if nothing comes of it.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X