This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi

I know I'm not the only geek on here, I know some of you may find these to be interesting.

This year it looks like 2 different micro computers are being being released one running linux and one running android.

So First we have the cotton candy machine

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/26...droid-4-ubuntu

about the size of a flashdrive running android, usb powered, hdmi connection, bluetooth, microsd. basically a tablet without the screen harddrive or battery. Will apparently sell in the neighbourhood of 200 sometime this year.

Then there is the raspberry pi

this is larger but more functionality

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
    microusb power, usb ports, ethernet (on one model) composite and hdmi hookup and more. this one is supposed to be credit card sized but thicker, is running a customized version of linux. This is supposed to out sometime next month for 35 dollars for the most expensive one.

I find both of these pretty exciting and can see a lot of fun things to try with them. I plan on picking up one of the raspberry pis to play with. I think a lot of you guys would probably find these interesting.

I am buying one of the raspberry pis and I will just say this to excite a lot of you: snes emulator.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

The raspberry pi looks interesting, I'll have to mention it to a tech geek computer god friend of mine (he teaches (in an actual classroom, at an actual college) and codes in most of the current computer languages for a living). I'll say right now though that he's probably already heard of it and is likely planning to get one as soon as they actually go into production and sales. He's already got at LEAST 8 computers in his house, NOT including his work machines that aren't part of his network (at least not part of the network he lets friends and visitors use via wifi).
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X